As I entered my house the smell of liquor lingered through my nostrils.

I rolled my eyes heading straight to my room and locking my door.

I promise myself to start looking for apartments after the semester. I get so tired of coming home and watching my mama kill herself putting all these damn toxic shit in her body.

I pulled my pants off and grabbed some basketball shorts and my nike hoodie. After I sent Neek a text letting her know I made it home I changed my clothes and put my books and a extra change of clothes in my bag.

I never study at home due to the fact my mom has strangers here and it makes me uncomfortable as hell.

* ring ring * my phone started going off , " Hello?" I answered calmly , " Hey baby girl where you at?" Ryan replied.

" I'm just grabbing my things really, you can be on your way." I replied.

" Aight i'm up the street i'll see you in like 5 minutes." he said just before hanging up. Ryan was the only guy I trusted.

He's like a best friend to me his family took me in when nobody else did. He was a great guy and he definitely knew how to make me smile when I'm down.

After I packed my overnight bag and grabbed my charger and books I locked my bedroom door and headed to the front of my house. In matter of seconds Ryan pulled up outside my house, " Heyyyyy Ry." I greeted opening the passenger door sitting my bag on the floor before getting in.

"Wassup mama? You hungry?" he asked as we pulled off , "Yeah I'm definitely craving something lovely." I replied scrolling through his playlist.

"What you want to go out and eat or you want me to cook?" He questioned again. "Hmmm, I want to cook let's go to safeway or something." I responded pressing play on my favorite song 'Let me down Easy' by Jeremih.

"Aight, I gotta go pick up Naomi and then we can be on our way." He replied , I nodded my head and continued to sing along to the song. Naomi was his daughter she was four years old and his baby mother was a poor ass excuse of a woman Ryan absolutely took the best care of his daughter.

Frankie, Naomi's mother, was very spiteful when it came to Ryan being active in her life. She wanted him to stay not because of the child but for her own needs which was pretty fucked up. I truly dislike the girl and tried my hardest to not beat her ass every time I get around her. She hated how close me and Ry' was and how much me and Na'omi bonded but I didn't give a fuck.

No later than ten minutes we arrived to Frankie's house which she lived in with her mother, Noel. "You coming with me? I might have to pop this bitch in her shit...You and Nai the only people that can calm me down." He sighed taking his keys out the ignition. As we approached the white gate, that surrounded Frankie's house, Naomi came running towards us dropping her toys.

"Myrrrrri!" she yelled with excitement hugging my legs. "Hi Nai baby, ooooh look at you getting bigger and bigger every time I see you." I giggled kissing her cheek. "Dang, you don't see your daddy right here?" Ry playfully sobbed as Nai ran to him and hugged him. "Oh daddy, I looove u, but my Myri is special." she replied wiping his fake tears away, and kissing his cheeks.

"Naaai loves me mooooore." I teased. Ry mugged the hell out of me and poured like an toddler child. I couldn't help but laugh, "Nai where yo mama at?" Ry questioned. "She in the house playing with my other daddy." she said running back to her toys.

Ry face must've turned fifty shades of red. "Aye watch her I'll be back." Ry said said walking through the doors of Frankie's house.

"Baby do you have your things packed up?" I asked Nai she nodded her head and ran to her backpack that was sitting In the chair on the porch I picked her up and grabbed her bag.

"Let me get you in your seat" I said placing her in the car seat, moments later Ry came out the house yelling at his baby mama,

"Bitch you trifling in there sucking dick while my baby outside with no supervision."

"Fuck you and yo child nigga." Frankie snapped, and just like that Ry was smacking her ass up.

"BITCH HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND?" he hollered.

"Come on Ry we needa go, Nai doesn't need to see you like this..Lets fucking go!" I yelled pulling him away from his baby mother.

They headed back to the car. The whole car ride to Ry House was silent.