(Sequel) Songfic: Rabid

Depuis le début

But after following around Maven, both physically and spiritually, you noticed why you feel so connected to him. He's just like you. The way he talks his way out of and into situations and the way he won't hesitate to lie. It's so charming. Like looking into a mirror. Watching Maven has become less of a pattern and more of a scheduled event. 

Think sad things at night, we know no control

"The rain was not stopped," you place your hand on the window. Your hot fingertips cause steam to rise from the contrasting cold window. Quickly, you pull away. It has been over a week and you have not left. And Maven hasn't proposed that idea, either; he wants you to stay. Your presence is like one of an angel, completely angelic and peaceful.

Maven looks at you, his heart pounding in his ears. The rain continues, your ghostly presence refusing to stick your hand outside for Maven to see the rain fly through you. As long as Maven thinks you're human, you are happy to stay in the castle. 

"I like it that way," he admits. You put a hand on your heart, trying to stop it from feeling the way it does. Everything he says affects you in a different way. You stop your thinking, trying not to overthink every hidden meaning in his words. This human is driving you crazy. 

So you turn around, walking over to Maven and grabbing his face. You tried to go into his mind, but you couldn't. All you could do was look into his eyes. And that's the most human you've ever felt. 

Well, no blood for you will ever be enough

You love it when you're allowed in Maven's room. Over the months you've spent in his presence, his room is your favorite place to be alone with him in. It's like the rest of the world doesn't exist, only the two of you. You love pointing things out in his room for him to explain. It's all a scattered mess of things close to him in his mind. 

A part of you tells you that this will be the easiest place to kill him; alone in his room. But you try to run away from those thoughts. Can't you just be human for once?

You're the darkest horse that I've ever seen

"Do you want to be my queen?" Maven whispers to you, his hands resting on your cheek. Your bodies are close, and your hearts both beating. This is it, you think. You pull Maven into a kiss, giving you time to think about your answer. Truly, this is it. What will you do now? Forfeit your plan, or fulfill it? 

"Of course," you whisper to him in the dark. You keep your eyes close, not wanting to see his reaction. You can feel your brain pulsating. You try not to freak out. Outside, there is thunder. You are going to kill him. That's it. That's true. You're going to kill him. 

Of all the things you fuck, I'm the most empty

And you were the happiest during your wedding when he allowed you to take his hand in marriage. You forced yourself to look into his eyes, to accept your fate and his fate. To accept the end. But you hated it. 

And no blood for you will ever be enough

You forced yourself to get used to the way life works. A predator will always hunt it's prey. But as Maven falls asleep in your lap and you touch his hair, you want things to be different. How could you do this to yourself? Falling in love with a victim? But you're getting what you wanted by marrying him. You'll have all of the riches in the world. You look at his head, your nails growing to their true size. Your eyes, twisting sideways and turning red, form tears as you stop petting his hair. Your rest your hand on his head, your fingers wrapping around his scalp. You squeeze, covering his eyes with your other hand. You used your succubus form's power to put him into a deep slumber as you suck the soul from him, leaving yourself in a crying, bloody mess. 

Can't bury anything without digging it up

You hate the way he talks to you. 

You hate the way his hair curls.

You hate how his smile makes you give in.

You hate how he stares at you.

You hate his long, dumb cape and the way he reads your mind.

You hate him so much it makes you sick.

You hate the way he's always right.

You hate it when he lies.

You hate it when he makes you laugh.

Even worse when he makes you cry. 

You hate it when he's not around and the fact that he died.

But mostly you hate the way you don't hate him.

Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.