chapter 13

Hermione's P.O.V.

It's been 3 years since we've been living in the houses the minister provided us. He was very accepting to our situation and also found us jobs in the wizarding world there...

Draco and I are married now and I am pregnant with our first child...

The wedding wasn't such a big ceremony you would expect a Malfoy to have... It was just our friends, the minister, and some of our co-workers...

The deatheaters have come in search for us a few times here and the minister actually covered for us...

I bet they don't know that we are married or we would have been dead by now...

Let me tell you this..Malfoys always hide some unexpected surprises, although sometimes they don't even know it...

Weddings may be of the things that are planned and almost always go as planned, but not when youre marrying a Malfoy... Things don't work this way with Malfoys... When with a Malfoy, you have to expect ANYTHING....

For example; back at the wedding, the second the priest announced us as husband and wife there was some sort of An explosion.... Not the one that kills people but something shot from between me and Draco and exploded in the sky....

Yeah that sounds crazy, but everyone thought it to be from the plan of the wedding, thanks God....

Everything had been alright after that.. nothing strange.. nothing unusual..until today......

Only yesterday Draco was happy and acting as though there is no tomorrow- as usual these days -but today, all of a sudden, he starts acting so moody, so pushy, so snappy... Whenever I try to ask about the reason he snaps at me and I get angry at him, and his expression turns into sadness..pure sadness....

I don't know how to feel... I don't know if I should be angry at him, or should I pity him, or what? What should I feel?

I'm lost... Literally lost...

Draco's P.O.V.
7 in the morning.

I was fast asleep when I heard a small tap on the window, there is no mistake in an owl's tap on a window...

I got up before it could wake Hermione up...

At first I didn't recognize the owl, but after I opened my eyes widely I recognized mum's handsome owl..

Thoughts started swarming in my mind , but the only way to find out was to open it...

I saw mother's handwriting...

The letter said:

Draco,

There are some things I swore not to tell you while I'm alive but now, by the time you read this, I'll be long dead... Not because I told you, but Because I was extremely sick...

I want to tell you that the Malfoy family carries a curse... Every women, from the family or married into it, is destined to die giving birth to a Malfoy boy...

This curse was placed on the family by a wizard who hated us since we were and still are the family that most cares about blood prejudice...

Since ages no Malfoy boy ever knew his mother... And after all this, none of the Malfoys ever thought of changing their thought or beliefs in blood prejudice... They all wanted to stay the pureblood family, the perfect family in their eyes...

I tried to change your father, but I failed...

I want to tell you that I am not your biological mother... You real mother was dead even before she saw you... Your mother was Pansy Parkinson's aunt...

I'm so sorry that I hid this from you, but I wasn't allowed to tell you...

I made my best to make sure that you have the best life you could in that atmosphere of blood prejudice...

Hope you're fine,
Narcissa

I was dumbstruck...

I knew that Hermione was pregnant, and she had a boy...

What am I to do now....

Hermione's P.O.V.

As usual whenever Draco's not feeling alright he went to see Blaise...

I knew that visiting Blaise will make him feel better, so I didn't say anything, I just let him do whatever he wants... All I wanted was to make him feel better...

I had to lift his spirits... I don't know how... Nor I know what the problem is... But I'll do anything to know what made him so....I don't know what this situation is called...

I started thinking... I can't go after him to Blaise's and listen to what they are talking, because I can't risk being caught...

But I can search the room I might find something to link with this attitude he is in...

After all I am called the smartest witch of her age for a reason....

I got up and made my way to our bedroom.

I slowly opened the door and looked around...

I saw it...

There on the bedside table it was... A letter laying there innocently... From what I can see it had the Malfoy crest on it.