Chapter One. DEAD

Yesterday was a cold night, and I couldn't sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes I remember the scene. I cried most of the night, my face is probably puffy and my eyes red. Mom is gonna get worried, I'll just say I didn't got much sleep or something.
"Madeline!" I heard my mom call my name from somewhere between the living room and the kitchen. "You need to hurry up hon', you'll be late for school" I forgot about school, it was the first day of school after the winter brake.
"I'm going!" I answer. I got ready and took my phone and earphones. I was walking to the bus stop when I saw a link of a video 'Dead Man Found Near River In Crutchfiel'  oh god, this is bad. I was too lost in thought that I didn't notice that Ryan had been calling me.
"Madeline, are you listening?" I heard him call.
"Uh, yeah, sorry. What?" I said finally looking at him.
"The news, did you heard them?" He asked.
"Um, yeah..." I looked away for a second.
"Don't you think they are awesome?!" He said, quite excited.
"Awesome?..." I asked. Maybe I heard wrong.
"Yes! Nothing ever happens here, this is PERFECT!!" He was smiling.
"Uh...they are?" I asked.
"Well yeah, I'm gonna do my report on this case. Who knows, maybe the killer is in our school" he said giving me a look.
"O-our school?! H-How? Why?!" I was too scared and nervous.
"Oh, silly Liny, don't be scared, nothing can happen. It's not like this will happend again" he said with a calm voice.
"You never know..." I said in a low voice.
This is messed up, if this continues this can get bad. Or... worst, I could end up being... dead.