After ten minutes trying not to close his eyes, Taehyung's head jerks up as he hears the sound of a key in the front door, sighing in relief as he hears Jungkook stepping inside the flat. Soon, the ajar bedroom door is nudged open, the raven-haired male appearing behind.

He looks more exhausted with each day passing, Taehyung notices with a frown. Dark circles have now permanently settled under his eyes, and it's with wobbly legs that the man enters the room, looking on the verge of falling asleep even though he's standing. Soon, his bag is dumped on the floor and his clothes are discarded over the floor, Jungkook plopping onto the bed in boxers with a heavy sigh.

"Hi..." Jungkook mumbles, voice muffled by the pillow his face landed on.

"Hey there... Tough day at work?

-Hmm..." The raven-haired male hums in delight feeling his husband's fingers threading through his hair fondly, Taehyung not being able to help himself and planting a kiss on the crown of his head.

"You're not going to work this weekend, are you?" It's Saturday tomorrow, and it's been forever since the last time the two of them spent a day together. Even if it's just something as simple as lying on the sofa while watching movies and eating take-out, the brown-haired male would love it.

"I have to..." The little spark of hope that was in Taehyung's eyes vanishes when he hears these words, and he can't help but sigh in dejection. If he didn't know better, he would think his husband is trying to avoid him. Still, even if he knows it's not true, it's not very agreeable to be neglected, even though Jungkook doesn't do it on purpose. " 'm sorry, Tae... I swear it will be over soon." A little smile finds its way back on Taehyung's face, and he wishes Jungkook's words will come true very soon.

Taehyung thinks for a second about what he can do instead tomorrow, when an idea pops into his head. He's heard by Jimin that one of their high school friends, that they haven't seen in decades since he moved to another city, is back in town. Maybe he could meet up with him?

"Don't worry, Kook', I'll busy myself." He says, not wanting his husband to worry, but Jungkook is already sleeping soundly. Stopping to fondle his hair, Taehyung sighs for what feels like the umpteenth time today and finally allows himself to put his book aside and close his eyes, the sweet darkness swallowing him almost immediately.

----

Taehyung smiles warmly to the waitress as he enters the coffee shop, settling into one of the cosy armchairs before scanning through the drink menu. He has called his high school friend Minhyuk this morning, the latter immediately agreeing to meet with him. After so long without seeing each other, Taehyung feels quite excited and he even has troubles keeping himself from checking his watch every ten seconds.

Truth to be told, he's also a bit relieved. Being with someone else will prevent him from thinking too much about the fact he's not spending his day with his husband. What is there to do at university on Saturday anyway?

The sound of the bell ringing as the door opens shakes him out of his thoughts. His head snaps up, and when his eyes fall on his long-time friend, Taehyung can't prevent his lips from parting out of shock.

If Jungkook looks exhausted, it's nothing compared to Minhyuk. The latter looks underfed, legs floating into his worn out jeans, his large size sweater trying in vain to cover the thinness of his waist. Time has marked his face, a permanent worried frown having creased a wrinkle between his eyebrows. Taehyung recalls he had blond hair in high school, but his strands have now returned to their natural dark shade, which surprises him as Minhyuk has always loved dying his hair. He looks nothing like the giddy boy he was when they were young, his eyes having lost their usual glint of joy, this one now replaced by weariness and concern.