Chapter 1

She was beautiful, way too beautiful to work at a place like this. A paper company in Scranton, PA. She was also engaged, which made everything more complicated.

I swiveled back in my chair, I was fortunate to have the perfect desk in the office. I had a great view of the whole room, but most importantly of Pamela Beasley.

My eyes were starting to strain from the computer screen, I stretched again and looked at the clock.

" 1:15?! How?!" I thought it would be at least 4 by now. I pushed away from my desk and sauntered over to the reception desk. "Hey Pam."

"Hiya, Jim."

Gosh she was pretty, especially when her hair did that thing where it fell in her face just right. And when she smiled...

"You've gone too long without talking and just staring. Say something. Anything."

"Wanna do something to Dwight?" I rapped my knuckles on the desk and thumbed over to my co-worker, Dwight Schrute.

"Oh god, always." She giggled.

"I was thinking we put his stuff in jello again."

"You haven't done the stapler yet."

"Perfect. You're a genius Beasley." I shot her a smile, a faint blush rushed to her cheeks and she ducked her head down.

"Control yourself Jim, it's not like flirting with her will do any good. She's flipping engaged." I said to myself as I made my way to the water cooler. Life would've been easier if we just hadn't met.

"Mandatory meeting now, conference room everybody!" Michael Scott, our boss, announced. A camera crew following him.

A few people groaned as they got up from their desks. Honestly Michael's rantings were better than working.

"You shouldn't complain about your boss." Dwight spoke up to the group. He was worse than a teacher's pet honestly. He has this odd devotion to Michael and it kind of scares me. "He deserves your respect! You should be bowing down before him and kissing his feet when you enter!" Dwight was now yelling.

"No, no," Michael laughed, "shut up Dwight, you're taking it too far. Sit down."

I looked at the cameraman with a look of 'I dont know what the heck just happened but yeah this is actually my life and I'm as shocked as you are.'

Pam leaned over to me, her perfume was soft. Like fresh cut flowers, or maybe fruit.

"Now I really want to put Dwight's stuff in jello." The way her eyes lit up almost killed me.

"Yeah, you and me both. I cant believe he's serious." I chuckled.

----------------------------------------

Michael droned on for hours. At this point I didn't even know what he was talking about. It had to be at least half past 4.

I looked around the room and noticed several people checking their watches, itching to just go home already.

Suddenly something heavy touched my shoulder, I looked down and saw Pam's head gently resting on me. She shifted a little and then let out a small sigh of contentment.

The amount of pride in me is honestly unhealthy, I wanted everything everything to stop in that moment so I could relish her being close to me. All I wanted was to be here for her always.

"Today was actually pretty good." I smiled at the thought.

Today was actually marvelous.