Chapter 17

"Does anybody listen to me? No! They think it's a good idea to go running down a highway, flipping cars, doing backflips off of motorcycles, fighting foreign kings..."

"Jo..."

"Shut up I'm still not done mocking your stupidity!" Jo growled. Steve and Sam currently sat at the conference table while Jo paced around the glass box they were currently in. Surrounded by the CIA. Bucky was in the basement actually locked up in a box. At least theirs had comfy chairs.

"Did you get someone to look at your injuries?"

"You're going to need to someone to look at your injuries if you don't piss off!" Jo snapped. Why did Steve have to be such an idiot where Bucky was concerned? He didn't think! He didn't plan! Just went in there thinking it would all be fine! Jo shook her head, resisting the urge to hit Steve again. She finally sat down, at the other end of the table away from Steve, when the pain in her side started to bother her. It was no cakewalk getting hit by multiple cars and having the Winter Soldier shove you through a concrete wall.

"So, what's our next move?" Sam asked trying to break the tension.

"We wait."

"I can't just- "

"Oh, no! We did it your way now we do it mine!" Jo ordered. "We wait because we won't walk out of here alive with Barnes unless we do just that. No more going in guns blazing. You're going to sit there, answer their questions, do as they ask, and be a good little prisoner till the opportunity we need shows itself."

"Should I sign the accords if Tony asks again?"

"You sign those things and I'll be the one to make sure you don't walk out of here alive."

"Man, have you ever seen her this mad?" Sam mumbled.

"I think Tony putting Wanda on house arrest didn't do much to calm her."

"Don't forget your stupidity" Jo stated glancing at Steve. Jo stood up again and looked out of the glass.

"Jo, I am-

"Shut up and look at this!" Jo whispered. Steve walked over and looked at the monitors showing Bucky's cell. A man was sitting down at a table across of Bucky's box.

"The receipt for your suit," Sharon stated walking in.

"Bird costume? Come on!"

"I didn't write it," Sharon defended. Jo and Steve were still looking out of the glass when Sharon pressed a button turning on the monitor in their room. They could now see and hear the conversation between Bucky and the man.

"I am not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions." The man spoke. He had an accent Jo didn't recognize but it sounded familiar. "Do you know where you are James?"

Bucky did not respond.

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James. James?"

"My name is Bucky," Bucky finally said. His voice was sound rough.

Jo looked away from the monitor and picked up the photo that had been released when they announced Bucky as their prime suspect. "Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?"

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon suggested.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb. Get your picture taken. Now you got seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?" Steve asked turning to Jo.

"But Jo, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing."