Chapter 17

~Danny's POV~

"WHO IN THE HELL IS MY FUCKING FATHER!!!"

They all stay silent as Tai gives me the answer.

"Hunter Fuentes. Mr. Fuentes is your father."

If I thought being a werewolf was rock bottom then this must be hell. They all stare at me to react. Mr.... Hunter's eyes get watery as he just stares upon me. I can't call him Mister Fuentes because that will only mean I have respect for him. I don't any more. His eyes holding sadness as he told me. The others only stare at me to know my next move. He's my father. Cato isn't my father, Hunter is. Frankie's not my full brother. He's genetically connected to the beast. Josue is my full brother. This whole time. This whole time everything I thought I knew for sure was pulled away from under my feet. Hunter let me believe Cato was my father. Hunter let my mother stay with the monster. He let his mate leave.

"Fuck you." I say trembling, trying to hold back the river of tears threatening to fall out

"Danny please let me ex-" Hunter says before I cut him off.

"You low life, piece of s-" That's when I get cut off by Josue.

"Don't talk to him like that! Give him a chance to explain!" He says. I can tell he's using his whole alpha voice on me. I could care less.

I slowly turn my head towards Josue. I give him a death stare. He stares right at me intensely.

"Give him a chance to explain. GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO FUCKING EXPLAIN? IT’S BEEN 17 DAMN YEARS SO LET’S GET DOWN TO EXPLAINING! THIS IS BULLSHIT! YOU CAN'T POSSIB-.... you knew didn't you." I say looking at him suspiciously.

"She visited me as a child whenever she could. She was my mother too."

"You see that's where you're wrong. You're not her child. She may have given birth to you but you're not her child. You weren't there to witness every argument. You weren't there during the beatings. You weren't there to defend her. You weren't there the night she died. You weren't there beside her pool of blood. You've got no idea what she went through! You're not her son." I snarl at him.

A tear escapes his eye as he bites down on his lips to keep from breaking down. If he's crying from 'just hearing it, he wouldn't have been strong enough to actually see it in person. He has no right to call himself her son. Hunter has no right to call himself my father.

"Why?" I turn my head to face Hunter.

"Why what?" Hunter says trembling.

"Why did you leave us with him?! You knew!! You knew this whole time! You could have stopped him! You let my mother die! You did nothing! Why?!" I say, my voice cracking from holding in a sob. Tai grabs my hand under the table and squeezes it, comforting me just a little.

"It's complicated." Is all he has to say.

"THAT'S COMPLETE UTTER BULLSHIT! EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING JUST SAID YOU STILL KEEP SECRETS! What kind of man are you!?" I burst out. Tai tightens his grip around my hand.

"Calm down it will be explained. You need to stay calm." Tai warns me. I look at the others to see if they heard what he said but it looks like it was a blocked conversation between the two of us.

"Your mother was in danger Danny..." Ruben says in a slight whisper.

I turn my head towards him. "What do you know about my mother?" I ask suspiciously.