Chapter 3

I woke to the Devil's laughter, well not really its my phone ringing at 7:00 Am, but you know close enough. I check the caller ID and Rebecca's name glows on my to bright screen.

I yank my phone off of the charger angrily, like dude let me sleep.

"What?!" I snap into the phone. She out of everyone should know not to disturb my sleep. Ever.

"Well Good morning to you, too." she says sarcastically and I can practically hear her eyes roll.

"Whatever. What's up?" Freaking Liam Hemsworth better be trying to reach me to propose. Not even kidding.

"Come over today." she whines, without asking, more like a command.

"Excuse me?" I look at my wall clock and it reads 7:05 AM. "You ask me to come over at friggin' 7:05 in the gosh dang morning. You're insane," I laugh.

"I didn't ask I'm telling you, and I know I'm insane, but babe, so are you. Be ready in 30 minutes, I'm coming." She says before hanging up quickly right before I hear her cackle loudly.

I groan loudly throwing my hands down on my bed over and over. Let me be to lay here and feel bad for myself, and grieve that's all I ask from people.

I roll out if bed, literally and land on the ground on my back with a thud. I crawl to my door and find my mom leaving her room the same time I leave. She gives me a strange look and giggles at me.

"What are you doing?" She laughs and lifts a brow.

"Crawling." I state, obviously.

"Yeah I get that. Why?"

"Going to get food," I answer, "I'm hungry."

"At-" she says looking at her phone time, "7:08 in the morning, and you're not sleeping?" She continues in total disbelief.

"Beck is forcing me to go to her's today, in 30 minutes." I sigh, I really don't want to go out, at all.

"Well this'll do you some good, mija, really you need to come out of your shell babe." she says.

Really? I need to come out of my shell? Not only did my dad just die a week and a half ago, but her husband.

"Whatever, mom." I sigh but I get her point of view, I do. I can't be depressed and grieve forever, I need time, but 2 days after his burial is not enough, for anyone.

It makes me wonder how she got over it so quickly, one second she's sobbing, the next she seems to not give a crap.

I ignore her with a scoff and stand up to slowly descend down the stairs. With my left knee popping twice. I swear I have some knee disease.

I cook up some scrambled eggs and chorizo eating it straight out of the pan and don't bother to clean up my mess before running back up the stairs to my room, when I see its 7:30 on the stove clock. Rebecca should be here any second and I'm not even ready.

I run to my closet and grab my white skinny jeans, and my plain black hoodie, Ramiro gave it to me before he left 2 weeks ago for Alabama and it still smelt like his cologne, my favorite smell. I pull on my black vans and no show socks.

When I go to the bathroom my hair looks like a freaking lions mane and my face looks pale for my brown skin.

I brush through my messy hair then pull it up in a messy yet neat bun. It gives the look like I'm not trying but it actually took me 4 tries to get it perfect.

I slick on my usual makeup, but a bit less than usual, not a lot though. I smile at my much better looking reflection. My brown large eyes much brighter and framed by my large eyelashes and bold eyeliner. My tan complexion much brighter and not sickly like.