Chapter Seven: Missing and found

Every ape went quiet when a neigh sounded through the walls.
Ceasar went to greet Lori.
Only the horse returned alone..
Blue eyes ran to check the horse.
Blood soaked it's back.
But it wasn't the horses blood.
It's rider had been bleeding badly.
Ceasar panicked as Blue eyes calmed the startled horse down.
Where's Lori..? Maurice signed.
I don't know.. Ceasar's movement's were fast and jumbled and Maurice could barely make out his words.
Ceasar ran to the rock in the middle of the village.
He began to make noises and give orders and soon, the male apes were on their horses and ready for a search party.
Koba stayed behind..

It was warm..
She was on something soft and....warm..
Something was letting heat out onto her skin.
She heard clattering and cracked open her eyes..
A cave?
It sure looked like it.
It smelled like meat and luggage though.
She winced and went to sit up.
She hissed and laid back down.
"Easy, your stitches are still in tact." A familiar voice informed her. "Your lucky I was hunting near the plains otherwise that Mountain lion would have made you It's next meal."
She turned her head to see....
Him.
That soldier.
"So.." her throat ached and burned and her head pounded too. "This is where you live. Doesn't surprise me caveman."
"Y'know, I could just out you back in that quarry." he snapped and opened a can of corn.
"Please do." she groaned and turned her head downwards to see blankets piled up on top of her.
She prodded her wounds and winced.
"It got ya good." he said around a mouthful of corn.
"Don't talk with food in your mouth." she winced and managed to sit up.
"Stop being difficult and lay down." He snapped.
"Scratch that. Keep talking. I hope you choke." Lori said glaring.
"If this is how people treat each other when the other person helps them now, then I am so not up for the gig anymore." He said finishing the can of corn and setting it aside. "So ape girl, does your day always consist of jumping cliffs on a horse with half the life inside of you or, did you just catch a stupid streak?" he asked folding his legs over one another and leaning back against his hands.
"Does your day always consist of getting your ask kicked and your face punched in because that's what I want to do to you right about now." Lori snapped..
"Hmmm, there's a lot of things I want you to do to me but those aren't one of them." He said fake-flirting just to ruffle her feathers.
Lori laughed bitterly.
"Your an asshole." She snapped.
"I'm not the only one." he sang.
"How long is This gonna take?" she gestured to the wounds aligning her body.
"About two weeks." He told her simply.
"Two weeks?!" She snapped. "For tiny wounds like theses?!" she shrieked.
"Uh hah! Makes me wonder what you've been through to make those look tiny." The soldier said slowly.
"You gotta name pretty boy?" She inquired with a wince.
"Jake. You?" He asked.
"Lori." She introduced.
They fell silent and Lori wrapped the covers around her sweaty body.
She knew the question rising inside of her would only Make Something snap.
"Have you seen anyone?" she asked. "Out there?" she added.
Jake was quiet and Lori knew the answer..
"It's been years since I last saw someone." Jake said. "Well, I guess you count." he said.
Lori smirked.
He glared at her.
"But other than you No. I think we may be the only ones." Jake said prodding the fire..
"Whelp, guess I Have to strip now and pop out babies for the human race to survive. Get over here and get to work." she joked and despite himself Jake actually laughed.

Keep searching. Ceasar snapped.
He was tired. He hadn't slept and he was hungry too.
Where was she?

"What are we doing," Lori asked as Jake walked up the hill.
"Your rehabilitating." Jake explained.
"It's been three days. Barely enough time for my body to heal." Lori lied and Jake knew it.
"I've seen your wounds, You heal faster than a human should. I think your body is adapting." Jake said interested.
"Cool?" She asked.
"That means you. Heal. Faster." he snapped.
"Ooookay. I don't really care." Lori snapped.
"Lets test your limits."