He licked his  lips and my smile turned into a full blown grin. I nodded at him.

"What you saying Avela?"

"What are YOU saying?" I returned.

"Chilling with my niggas."

"I can see." I said finally scanning the two new faces.

I walked closer.

"You lot are nice innit." 

They all burst out laughing.

"You're mad." I heard Owen saying.

"Hi I'm Avela." I said extending my hand to stranger number one.

"I heard about you, I'm James and this is my cousin Prince."

Ah, my mind registered Prince who Alisha had shown me a few hours back on Instagram. He was better looking in person. Gottdamn.

"Very nice to meet you lot." I said then turned to Kalief who I could sense had been watching me all along.

"Kalief."

"Sexy." He replied scanning my outfit.

"My glasses guys." 

"Their here." Owen said handing them to me. 

I made myself comfortable on his bed and I could tell I was disrupting their order but I didn't really care at that moment. I fixed my glasses on my face and my standard definition eyes suddenly became HD. My heart skipped a beat. 

"Nah you lot are just black excellence. Ahhhhhhhh! You're all hoes innit?"

They laughed and I grinned but meant every word. 

"Not joking." I repeated looking back and forth between them. "I know this one", pointing to Owen, "is a player".

"Rahh how can you just jump to conclusions about my man?" James defended.

"He already told me about his love life." I replied back.

"A man snitched on his damn self." Prince said shaking his head and playing around on his phone.

"Are you single Avela?" James asked.

"Yes and not looking. If I was, I'd date all of you on the low." I replied causing them all to burst into fits of laughter.

"Get out of my room."

"Yeah leave so I can watch you walk away." Kalief added.

"I'm going now. Maybe I'll find my future husband tonight." I joked.

Owen shook his head but gave me a look I would question him about later. 

"Going now. See ya later" I waved as I headed towards the door.

"Naaahhh Avela come back man. Come back." 

I ignored Kalief and opened the door. It didn't close behind me behind when I turned around, Kalief was holding it. He allowed it to close behind him so it was just me and him in the hallway. Him with his back to Owen's door and me, with my back to the wall of the hallway. The motion sensors recognised movement in that movement and the lights came on.

"What you saying?" He finally asked.

"Why you looking at me like that?"

"I want you." 

"No." 

"No what? No you don't believe me or no I can't have you?"

"Can't have me."