11

You could feel the tension building up in the house. It couldn't be called our home anymore, for me, it was just a house.

A home has love, trust, loyalty, truth and so many beautiful things that Alex didn't have anymore. At least not for me.

I walk up to our bedroom and close the door and locked it. I hear Alex's steps while going up the stairs to our room.

"Babygirl open up, please" his voice was loud and agitated.

I continued to put all of my clothes in a big suit case and in another bag my shoes and essentials.

"It was a mistake baby! I swear it didn't mean anything to me!" He yells through the door.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I clean my tears from my face and tried to smile.

"Let me in" he says faintly.

I walked out of the room with all of my stuff. He immediately comes up to me and I try to push him away.

"I'm not letting you go" I sigh and rest my head on the wall.

"Let me go, please" I say faintly and close my eyes trying not to cry in front of him. I've always hated to cry in front of people.

"I love you baby I swear! She meant nothing to me it was a mistake" he repeats again.

"That's all you've been saying since I got here. You've been repeating those phrases again and again. Tell me something that it's true! Tell me why I should stay!" I screamed the last sentence tired of everything.

My best friend's name comes up in my phone.

Veronica
I'm outside.

I picked all of my stuff up when nothing came out of his mouth. This was it. Five years together and he couldn't give me a reason to stay. But I guess that was a good reason for me to go.

I gave him my key of the apartment that we shared for three years. I took my things again once I open the door. All I could hear was him calling out my name and telling me to stay.