Chapter 2

The evening came along as the gems returned to the school from their patrol. One sunspot today as reported by Yellow Diamond who had Ruby taken the other day and was newly paired with Sapphire. It was an old type they say, no shards found. As always, the Lunarians were defeated by Sensei who was notified by elder Yellow. Euclase's predictions were off today.

Aqua and Helio meanwhile was hiding behind the pillar near the room where Sensei stood. He was having a conversation with little Zircon who was just born the other month as their speaking have gotten better the past weeks. Aqua and Helio wasn't able to make out what they were talking about as Aqua was busy trying to mentally prepare them self. During that Sensei gently sent Zircon to their room as it was late, they noticed the two suspiciously hiding behind the pillar but continued on to their room not wanting to get involved. Helio took a glimpse to see what Sensei was doing, they saw him reading Lunarian reports fron Alexandrite in the warm light from the jellyfish.

Aqua made up their mind to get permission to go into the Sea since this morning— but somehow lost the confidence to ask.

     "Aqua! I thought you were going to ask Sensei! What are you waiting for?"

     Helio frantically whispered to their partner who fidgeted with their fingers looking down.

"I am! It's just... when the time comes..."

     Helio sighed. They crossed their arms and got into thinking mode furrowing their brows. They should've known! Aqua gets all the confidence they need when they decide to do or confront whatever they're going to do. But once the times comes, they become the nervous wreck like now.

     "Just do go out and ask!"

     "Easy for you to say!"

     "I'll be with you so go!"

     Helio goes behind Aqua pushing them out of the pillar. Before Aqua could scrabble back behind the pillar Sensei noticed them.

     "Do you have something to ask me, Aqua Aura?"

     "Oh... ah... um..."

     "Yes Sensei! They have something to say!"

     "HELIO!"

     Aqua internally cursed at Helio who confidently stood next to them grinning widely at Sensei.

     "What is it that you want to ask me?"

     "Ah...", mentally preparing themself, Aqua blurted out,"I would like to have permission to explore the sea!" Followed by a heavy breathing as they waited for Sensei's response.

     'Oh no, there's no way he would approve! Why did I think of going in in the first place?!'

     "Why do you want to explore the sea?"

     "...eh?"

     "Why do you want to venture into the unknown? The sea can be dangerous, there are strong currents depending on where you are."

Sensei without changing his expressions calmly asked Aqua, to which left them silent for a bit not realizing what just happened.

Upon realizing that Sensei asked them for a reason instead of straight up denying them, Aqua stated,"oh! Um, based from the lessons you gave us, we're originated from an ancient creature that sunk into the sea and washed onto the land after changing inside the ocean for a long time. I want to see how our origin is like."

Behind Aqua, Helio internally congratulated Aqua on their confrontation.

'You did great Aqua! My partner! I'm so proud of you!!'

Aqua breathed heavily from the tension and the nerve wreck. They told Sensei about their plan.

Would he allow it?

Or will he not allow them into the ocean?

"Very well then."

    Aqua breathed in sharply unexpected by his response. The blink and tried to take in what justcame out of Sensei's mouth.

    "S-Sensei... did you—"

     "I give you permission to explore the ocean with Heliodor tomorrow. I will be looking forward for your report."

     The confused look on Aqua gradually became a giant smile. "Sensei! Thank you so much!" They ran into him wrapping their arms around him. "I won't disappoint you!"

     A smile sifted onto Sensei as he gently patted them on the head.

     "Ah! Aqua no fair! Sensei!"

     Helio joined in the embrace next to Aqua.

     "Hah~ I honestly thought he was going to say no!"

     "Aqua you did it! I'm so proud of you~!"

     Hello jumped onto Aqua from behind hugging them tightly, nuzzling onto their shoulder.

     "He-Helio I'm gonna break!"

   After a playful hug Helio gently let go of Aqua, "really Aqua, you did great over there! He actually gave you permission! Oh don't forget to go to Rutile for water resistant resin before we go."

     "It's only because you pushed me out there. Without you, I wouldn't be able to go there. Thanks Helio."

They walked along the halls of the second floor while gazing at the grassland that spread all over the land. Aqua could see the sea in the distance. It's surface was glittered with moonlight which the Lunarians reside on.

They never attacked during the night, another thing that always had them thinking. But they're more interested in the ocean, 'I mean, Alex is always in their room writing up Lunarian reports. I'll leave the Lunarians to them.'

    "Helio?"

     "Hm? What is it?"

     Stopping in their tracks Helio turned around. Aqua faced down, when they raised their head Helio saw a slight tint of blush on their cheeks.

     "Helio, without you— I would've never been able to come this far... I know I just said this earlier but... thank you."

     "Don't sweat it! Let's get in bed to save our energy for tomorrow! Night!"

     "Goodnight."