callie

Callie went to a run down public school for most of her life. She had been in and out of Juvie for selling drugs and possession of weapons on school grounds. Non of which she ever actually did, but who would believe her? Her fourth time going to Juvie, the judge had her parents switch her to a private school in sunny San Diego.

  In the ride to school on her first day, Callie stayed quiet, tapping her nails on the window. As they pulled up to the school, she sat up, gazing in awe at the beautiful scenery of the beach.

  "I'm going here?" She asked in disbelief. Once the car stopped, her dad, Robert, said, "yes, you are. This school was not easy for me to get you into, mind you. So behave." 

  She nodded quickly, unbuckling her seat belt. "Will do." Before he had a chance to make a second remark, she had left and was already walking away. 

  When Callie entered the vice-principal's office, a girl with long, brown hair stood up to shake her hand. "You must be Callie. I'm Mariana. I'll be the one showing you around campus and giving you tips on how to fit in here." Nodding, Callie replied, "So basically I get to follow you around like your little dog that you get to show off?" 

  Mariana looked offended for a second, but brushed it off. "My mom is the vice-principal, so it's kinda my job. Well, it was either me or Brandon, but he had a piano thing today." 

  "Who's Brand- Nevermind, I don't care. So this tour? When does it start, cause I have better things to do that stand here talking about pointless crap," Callie said, crossing her arms. 

  Mariana opened the door and said, "Follow me." 

  After school, Callie was going to walk home, but was stopped by Mariana on the way out of school. "Hey, do you want to walk home together? It seems like we're going the same way." Mariana said, trying to catch up to Callie. 

  "Not rea-" 

  "Mariana, I told you to meet me by my classroom, not in front of the school." Callie was irritated for being cut off by some random guy. 

  Mariana rolled her eyes, ignoring what he said. "Brandon, meet Callie." She put and arm around Callie, which made Callie uncomfortable, so she took her arm off. "Sorry" she mumbled. 

  He looked at her intently, making Callie feeling more uncomfortable. "I recognize you from somewhere. Have we met before?" 

  "Not that I know of. And I can walk home myself, thanks." She walked away, not caring to stay another second. 

  When she got home, she threw her bag on the floor and went up to her room. Not a minute later, she heard a light knock on her bedroom door. Her step mom, Jill, opened the door and came in with a dress in her hands. "What's that for?" Callie asked. 

  Jill carefully placed it down on her bed before answering. "It's for the party tonight." Callie rolled her eyes at the mentioning of a party. "What's it for? Dad's millionth business deal?" 

  "No, actually it's to celebrate you being out of juvie for 6 months and going back to school", Jill said with a smile. "Oh, and before you object, me and your father have already invited family friends and hired people to work it." 

  "Seriously?!" Jill nodded, causing Callie to scoff and have to bite her tongue so she didn't get angry at her. "Fine. Whatever." Callie took the dress and hung it up in her closet. "What time is it?" 

  "Six, but be ready by five thirty." with that, Jill walked out of the room. 

  Callie was ready by 5:45 because Sophia insisted on helping Callie do her makeup, which Callie hated every second of it. By 6:10 the guests started arriving. Callie watched her father greet the guests for about five minutes until she saw Brandon and Mariana with four other people. The vice-principal, a tall blond lady, a boy that looked to be around twelve, and a taller boy who looked a lot like Mariana. 

  Her dad waved her and Sophia over to introduce them. Sophie gave them all hugs as if she had known the forever. "Stef, Lena, this is my daughter Callie. Callie, this is Stef, Lena, Mariana, Jude, Jesus, and Brandon." Robert said, pointing to each of them as he said their names. 

  "We've met." Callie stated, keeping her attention on Brandon. 

  Stef looked confused until Lena explained. "Callie just transfered to Anchor beach. I assume she ran into the kids on her first day." 

  After a few minutes of awkward conversation, Callie excused herself to get herself a drink, not being able to tolerate it anymore. 

  "So this is where I know you from. Your dad showed my moms tons of pictures of you, but said you were away for college prep stuff?" Brandon said, pouring himself a drink. 

  Callie sat down and starred at her drink. "He lied. I wasn't here because I was in Juvie." 

   "Oh..." He trailed off, trying to find the right way to react to the news. "What did you do?" 

  She shrugged, looking up from her glass to the people mingling over drinks. "Doesn't matter. The Judge never believed me, so why would telling you make it any different? I'm not going back, that's all that matters." Brandon didn't respond. He just sat there, giving her an empathetic look. . 

  Callie stood up. "You look good in a tux by the way," she said before walking away. She wasn't one to flirt or compliment people, but she wanted to get in his head. 

Hey, guys! I hope this story seems interesting or good enough? I feel like  my style in writing has improved a bit since my last Brallie book, so there's that. Please let me know if you want me to continue with this story because I do have a few chapters pre-written 

-Em