CHAPTER NINETEEN

Começar do início

Catelyn shook her head, "she will stay here."

Valencia frowned at the request but stayed anyway, while Greatjon continued his words. "Have no fear, my Lady. We'll shove our swords up Tywin Lannister's bunghole and then it's on to the Red Keep to free Ned." He then proceeded to approach Ser Rodrik, and the two greeted each other warmly before leaving.
Catelyn smiled at her son before the two of them collided into a loving embrace. Valencia took a step back, finding an awkwardness to drift into her, she felt as if she was intruding on a moment she was not part of. "I remember the day you came into this world, red-faced and squalling," Catelyn reminisced pulling away, a sad smile on her pink lips. "And now I find you leading a host to war"

"There was no one else," Robb defended with a frown.

"No one? Who were those men I saw here?"

"None of them are Stark's," Robb spoke, looking ahead where his Lord's were outside the tent.

Lady Catelyn responded fiercely. "All of them are seasoned in battle."

Valencia watched as Robb's body turned stiff, his eyes narrowing down on his mother. "If you think you can send me back to Winterfell-"

"-Oh, I would that I could," intercepted Catelyn, her face stern with motherly strength. The two stared each other down until Catelyn turned her eyes to Valencia. She smiled brightly at her daughter-by law. "Valencia, you look well dear," she said warmly.

Valencia smiled and nodded, "as do you, Lady Catelyn." She thanked before continuing, "there was a letter." Moving over to the table, she took hold of a familiar satchel, prying the rolled up letter out of the leather compartment and handing it to her mother-by-law. "It's from Sansa."

"From the Queen, you mean," spoke Catelyn bitterly. She took hold of the letter, slowly lowering herself down as she read. Both Valencia and Robb shot each other a look. "There's no mention of Arya," exclaimed Catelyn, meeting the younger two's eyes with intense worry.

Robb shook his head. "No."

"How many men do you have?"

"18,000," responded Robb. "If I go to Kings Landing and bend my knee to Joffrey-"

"We are doing no such thing," retorted Valencia, "I will not give that pipsqueak the satisfaction."

Catelyn nodded in agreement, "they would never let you leave. Our best hope - our only hope - is that you can defeat them in the field." There was a small pause, Valencia could see Robb weighing his options. Whether or not he knew it, Valencia refused to let him back out of this war, they had come to far and there was no way in the Seven Hells she would give up so easily.

"And if I lose?"

"Do you know what happened to the Targaryen children when the Mad King fell?" Catelyn asked.

Robb inhaled sharply, "they were butchered in their sleep."

"On the orders of Tywin Lannister. And the years have not made him kinder. If you lose, your father dies, your sisters die, we die."

"Well, that makes it simple then."

"I suppose it does."

~~~

VALENCIA BEAMED WITH EXCITEMENT. Behind her back she held a sword wrapped in thick, cream coloured cloth. She entered the familiar tent that belonged to her friend Lilith, who was currently tying up the front of her tunic. It had been too long since the two girls conversed, or spent time together. Turns out Valencia's duties as a Lady had taken up more time than expected.