𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟕 - 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘺

Start from the beginning

"I guess..." I sigh before I rub my tired eyes. Mom gives me a sympathetic smile before she bends down to kiss the top of my head.

"I'm sorry..." She lets out before she walks out of my room.

I adjust my bag's strap as I walk into the high school's library

I adjust my bag's strap as I walk into the high school's library. As soon as I spot the tables, I'm surprised to find Daniel already there. His eyes were fully focused on whatever he was typing into his laptop.

"You're early." I point out as I sit across from him. "No one needed your rescuing today?" His eyes slowly tear off the screen to look up at me.

"Cute." He frowns. I smile as I rest my arms on top of the table. He just ignores me and turns his attention back to his laptop.

Okay, something's wrong...

I've been here for 10 seconds and he still hasn't called me "Baby Flash."

Not to mention, that signature smirk of his was gone.

"So," I awkwardly break the silence. "What are we working on today?"

"Uh," His blue eyes continue to focus on the screen in front of him. "I have this project we're supposed to present in a couple weeks but..."

"But?" I lower my head in attempt to make eye contact.

"It's about our families..." My smile disappears as he pulls out the worksheet that explains the project. My eyes skim over the directions before I look at him again.

I suddenly realized why he was so quiet.

"And...are you okay?" Daniel furrows his eyebrows before he finally looks at me again.

"Since when do you care?" This time I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Bree, it doesn't take a genius to know you hate my guts." He shares before smirking like Chuck Bass.

"I don't hate your guts

"I don't hate your guts..." I trail off. "I just..." When I don't reply, his blank expression raises an eyebrow at me. "Look, we don't always get along, and sometimes you really tick me off," I add. "But I consider you a friend and I care about my friends." I finish with a nod. Daniel keeps a skeptical expression. "I'm sorry about your mom..."