Ride 29: Diablo vs Overlord

After the little chat I had with Nicole, I was determined to beat Dark Union at their own game. I had only one question though. Why choose the form of Vanguard cards? I couldn't be bothered with that right now since I had a new mission. To stop Star from ever fighting Dark Union, and more importantly Voltro, ever again. I know I agreed to have Star beat Voltro, but I couldn't have him risk his life against that corrupted clan. He's like a little brother to me and there was no way i'd have my little brother experience danger again.

I sighed out deeply and turned over to Nicole who was walking off into the shadows. "I'll bring back Voltro." I thought before opening the door and trudging in. The first thing I noticed was everyone sat at different tables, cardfighting. I looked over to Ralph who was by himself and skimming through his deck. "What's going on?" I said as I walked up to Ralph, who smiled at the sound of my voice. "Welcome back dude. Star was the only one who didn't vote so we asked him and he voted on the Vanguard tournament. The pairings are up there." He pointed to a whiteboard on the wall and I took a look. Star versus Stephanie, Cass versus Sally, Sophita versus Robyn, and last but not least, me versus Ralph.

I smiled at this and turned over to Ralph with a determined stare. "Bring it on Ralph!" I yelled at him with something creeping up on me. It felt dark, but dang did it feel amazing. "You're on!" He yelled back at me before slamming down his lizard Soldier, Conroe. "I'm not going to be holding back this time." I said as I placed my new Forerunner down. "I was going to win! I'm going to become stronger! STRONGER THAN VOLTRO!" I mentally yelled to myself as I felt the dark energy in my body increase.

"STAND UP! VANGUARD!"

"Lizard Soldier, Conroe!"
"FULLBAU DIABLO!"

"That's a new forerunner." Ralph asked as he transformed to his Conroe. "Yeah! Because this is the first fight I'm not holding back in!" I yelled as the bottom cards of our decks flipped themselves face over. I was going first.

"I draw and ride Blaster Javelin! Now calling Fullbau Diablo to the bottom right corner and Charon to the bottom middle circle. Charon's skill now allows me to reveal my Deathspray Dragon and discard it to grab my Blaster Dark Diablo." My entire field didn't change from that dark glow until I was done with my turn. Compared to me, Ralph was nothing but a youngster. 

(Ralph's turn)
"I draw for turn and ride my Doombringer High Flame." His Conroe disappeared in a flash of red light and out from the rune shot out and spread his giant wings. "Now calling Soldier Conroe to the bottom middle circle and calling General Conroe to the top right circle. Revealing The Legend to grab Destiny from my deck. Now discarding Legend and calling Flame Seed Salamandra to the bottom right column." His entire field glowed bright red and his units appeared in a fiery tornado of strength. 

"I attack you with my Vanguard!" (12,000 vs 6000) I closed my eyes and took the hit with honor. That's it Edge, just listen to me and you'll beat Voltro." Something whispered in my ear making my eyes snap open and turn around, but no one was there. "Damage check, draw trigger." I glowed bright red and a card flew into my awaiting hand. "Now with a boost from Salamandra, General Conroe attacks!" (11,000 vs 11,000) "I guard with Blaster Javelin." 

Edge: One damage, four cards
Ralph: Zero damage, four cards

(Edge's turn)
"Get ready Ralph, cause I ride the spirit of a hidden hero! Blaster Dark Spirit!" I started glowing a ghastly black and I felt the spirit of the legendary hero enter me, transforming me.

I gripped the sword that landed in front of me and slashed apart the wind, letting Ralph know I mean business. "Now I'm calling Assist Owlner, Maighneis to the top right and using her with a boost from Fullbau Diablo, attack Conroe!" (13,000 vs 7,000). I watched as Maighneis sent her owl after him and he didn't guard. The owl slashed the dragon's stomach and I heard Ralph's unit cry out in pain.