Prologue

The gun-shot thundered through the air, shattering the tranquil silence of the classroom. Mr.Simmons dropped the test papers he had been clutching and watched as they fell to the ground, scattering. Thump, thump, thump. His heat pounded frantically against his chest. He turned.

Blocking the doorway, five monstrous figures stood, their midnight clothing blending with the shadows. Their faces were shrouded; their gender indistinguishable. Glinting weaponry hung from their bodies. Petrified, Mr.Simmons eyed their pistols and daggers.

Prey to the huntsmen, he backed into the wall. They followed his movement menacingly- a single, fluid body of darkness. A whimper left his trembling lips. Cocking its head to the side, a figure stepped forward. The others flanked it, mirroring its movement. In a predatory silence they stood, staring at the teacher with featureless faces.

Another whimper graced the tepid air. Sweat drenched his body. Throwing grotesque shadows across the walls, a light flickered. Static seemed to hum and buzz through the air. "Please don't hurt me." He whispered, pleading.

Silenced replied, accompanied with a machete thrown at his head, missing it by inches. A strangled sob left his throat. "We won't." Rasped a figure but the warning was clear - it was well within their power to do so.

" 's a shame we cant say the same for your family." Another added.

"Yes, that sweet little daughter of yours- " the third began.

"Don't you dare talk about my daughter. You leave her alone - you hear me? I swear to god, if you touch a single hair -"

"Oh, shut it! The last time I checked, we were the ones with the guns." The second spat, interrupting him and toying with a pistol.

"Manners," the first barked, turned toward the figure that had just spoken. Spinning to face Mr.Simmon, it continued, "we'll do as we please with your daughter. We have orders not to harm her but they can change in the blink of any eye. Now if I were you, I'd want the orders to stay that way. I'd listen to our demands and be on your best behaviour; wouldn't you?"

"Yes, YES! I'll do whatever you want. Anything. Just don't hurt her."

"Why don't you take a seat then - sweety?"' The second asked sarcastically, an undercurrent of hatred flowing through it's voice.

The light stopped it's struggle and flickered out. The door slammed shut. Angry, muffled voices travelled from the classroom. Something banged against a table. Chair legs screeched. A shrill scream rose into the nights  air.