i found an air guitar

1 year later...

"mina, come on!" my friend, yasmin shouts at me, while i look at myself in the car window. i take one quick glance at my figure before following her into the music store.

she wanted me to come along with her to get a new acoustic guitar. she broke the last one she had after a heated argument with her now ex-boyfriend. i don't tend to hate people, but i swear i hated that man.

anyways, i stood beside her, admiring the beautiful guitars up against the wall. there were a few regular brown wooden ones, and then there were cool different colored ones. a guy's loud laughter distracted me from helping yasmin look for a guitar.

i looked over and saw a familiar-looking guy playing an air electric guitar, making the guitar sounds with his mouth while his friend recorded him, laughing. i chuckled a bit when he got down to the floor on his knees, getting louder with the "guitar."

"hey mina, which one do you like b-" yasmin stopped mid-sentence when she realized i wasn't paying attention. she stood beside me and looked at the guys, before saying, "ooh he's cute."

they seemed to hear her little comment and turned to face us. i awkwardly turned back around to face the guitars, while yasmin conversed with the two guys. "...and this is my friend, mina." she nudged me on the shoulder to get my attention. "hey minaaaa,"

i quickly rolled my eyes before turning around with a small smile on my face, "hey." i told them. the familiar guy looked deeply in my eyes, as if he were trying to read me. maybe he was trying to remember who i was too.

yasmin continued, "this is trevor," she pointed at the guy who recorded, "and luka."

luka. the name didn't sound familiar. so where did i know this guy from?

he squinted his eyes at me before pointing. "you, you're that girl from ipanema, right?"

it finally clicked in my head. "yeah, yeah last summer at, um, Le Blê Noir!" we both smiled and he came closer and surprisingly pulled me into a hug. the others just looked, yasmin had a sly smile on her face, meaning that she was gonna bombard me with questions later.

"thanks for those pictures, they came out really great. are you like a photographer or something?" he asked, and yasmin and trevor broke off into their own conversation.

i shook my head. "no not really, not professionally. i just like taking pictures, always have."

"oh okay, well you should consider becoming a professional, you're great at it." he smiled the most beautiful smile. i felt myself blush and thanked the gods for giving me skin dark enough to where you can't see if i'm blushing.

we talked for a bit more until yasmin called my name from the register to leave. i looked at luka, "well it was nice seeing you again,"

"yeah same," he replied.

"mina, come on!" she yelled before walking out of the store. i began to walk away, but luka caught ahold of my arm. "hey, can i get your number? you know, just to keep in contact."

i kept my cool, but inside, i was the happiest girl in the world. "yeah of course!" i gave him my number and one last hug before leaving the store and getting in the car with the very impatient yasmin.

she pulled out of the parking lot and stopped at the red light. she looked at me with her left eyebrow arched. "you've got a lot of explaining to do."