Chapter 23

Luke growled and attacked John. As more men came in they were attacked but I noticed that no women entered the room whatsoever. When men stopped coming in Luke walked towards me. Without any words said he broke the chains and picked me up. I was crying so hard.

" I'm here now gorgeous, I'm here. "

I continued to sob as he rocked me back and forth while comforting me. " Luke, I'm....... I'm so.... Sorry. I could...... Nt.... Stop him..... He.... He raped.... M..... Me..... I.... I.... Tried...... But.... I..... It.... Did.... Nt.... Work. "

" Sh, sweetheart, calm down, and don't ever apologize for that again! You did nothing wrong so don't feel bad. "

" Alpha, we have gathered all the women and prisoners. What should we do with them? " I heard Spencer ask.

" Kill them all. " He snarled.

" No, Luke.... They are.... Are innocent.... Like..... Like me..... Don't.... Hurt.... Hurt them. "

I looked into his eyes and they softened. " Spencer please escort them to our property and put them in the cells. I need to think this over. However, no harm is to come to any of them. "

" Yes sir. "

Luke looked at me and said softly,  " Veronica, I am sorry for what I did with that girl. I would make up an excuse but I do not have one. "

" We.... We will... Ta..... Talk later. "

" Okay Love,  go to sleep. I'm taking you home. "

I closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

LUKE'S POV :

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I looked at my mate in joy, I love her so much which is why I have absolutely no clue what possessed me to cheat on her. I wasn't feeling like myself but I don't want to make up excuses because no matter what I was feeling I shouldn't of cheated on her.

I grabbed a sheet and covered my mates body. I wrapped it around her and then picked her up and carried her outside. Everyone in my pack stared and bowed their heads. They all knew what had happened to Veronica in there or at least had a suspicion.

I saw Dani and her mom run towards us. They wrapped their arms around her and cried.

Veronica's mom asked, " Did you catch him? "

" No ma'am, him and the leaders got away. "

She let out a sob but said,  " Thank you for saving her. "

" Of course ma'am. Attention, everyone, Veronica is fine. Let's head home and I will hold a pack meeting later on to discuss some of the other important things. "

" Ronnie! "  I heard a voice call. I looked to see Xavier running towards us with Charlie and James in tow.

They stopped when they reached me. Xavier and Charlie were both crying while James looked very upset. " What are you guys doing here? "

Xavier looked down bit answered,  " It was my fault Alpha. I had an idea and I know that Charlie liked Ronnie as well so I told her and she brought James. So don't be mad at them it was all me. "

I said strictly,  " That was very dangerous for all of you. There was very bad people here that could have hurt you. "

Charlie said,  " But Alpha, Ronnie is our bestest friend. We had to help her if someone tried hurting her. Plus, we brought back up. "

" Who was your back up? " I asked kind of mad since something could of happened to them but proud of their loyalty and preparation.

Xavier said,  " Assemble. "

All of the sudden a group of kids, probably about twenty kids came out of the forest. Kale and Spencer came over to me. " Alpha what are these kids doing here? "

" I'm asking myself thus question. " all the parents were staring in surprise.

Spencer asked, " How did you guys get here? ".

One little boy smiled and said,  " We snucked of our houses and then when the big warriors were talking we hopped into the doctor vehicle. It was hard to fitted us in there but Xavier helpded us. "

I looked at Xavier. He looked ashamed but proud also.

" Alpha I needed to help Ronnie and everyone wanted to help so we did. I didn't want Ronnie gone like daddy. Are you mad at me? " He had started to cry.

" Come here. "

He walked towards me hesitantly but when he got there I hugged him as best as I could with Veronica on my arms. He sobbed into my arms." Xavier, I am proud of you for doing what you thought was right. And you weren't stupid about it, you came prepared. "

He wrapped his little arms around me. Kale came over and picked him up while trying to comfort him. I said out loud,  " Please make sure all the children get home so carpool now let's leave. "

We beaded out and in the car with me was Dani, her mate, Veronica's mom, Veronica, my mom, Spencer, Kale, Xavier, Charlie, and James. It was a tight fit but we made it work. It's also helped that Veronica was sitting on my lap, Xavier on Kale's lap, and Dani on her mates.

Joey looked at me and said,  " Luke, I would like to say that I have a new sense of respect for you. "

" And why is that? "

" You came to protect Veronica, you consoled Xavier, and you kept your head. You actually cared for someone for once instead of just the pack. "

I smiled at him and stared lovingly at my beautiful mate. I knew that there was a long road ahead of us. She was going to be a whole lot different but I would help her through it.

I loved her.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Awwwww! :) Luke showed his loving side.  Thanks for the support. I seriously love you all.

~Autumn