the best gift of all

Tadashi followed after his brother downstairs to join the others in the cafe. Hiro was sat between Fred and Gogo. Tadashi glanced over at Honey who was smiling, pretending everything was normal.

Cass ruffled his already messy hair and kissed his cheek. "Where have you been, Hiro?" She says just in time for Tadashi to appear in the room. "Wardrobe malfunction." Tadashi said quickly, noticing the colour of his brothers cheeks and loss for words when she asked.

Cass smiled and went to get some desserts for everyone while gifts were shoved towards Hiro. He opened them one by one, thanking everyone immensely and saying how grateful he was to have friends like them.

When presents and desserts were done they just continued to talk before Gogo noticed soemthing. "Hey Tadashi.. you didn't get Hiro anything." She said, making the others turn their attention to Tadashi.

He laughed and was about to speak before Hiro chimed in. "He already gave it to me. Upstairs." Hiro said, trying to meet Hiro's eyes but failing when Tadashi decided to look anywhere but Hiro.

"What was it?" Honey asked with a knowing look that Tadashi ignored.

"5-in-one screwdriver." Hiro answered quickly with a content smile.

Tadashi internally sighed and nodded before the conversation got drifted back into a serious talk about politics and stuff that went way over Hiro's head.

Then things started to die down. People started to leave. Then eventually Cass went to bed and once again, Hiro and Tadashi were left in their room alone.

Hiro got undressed quicky, hating formal wear. He preferred his brothers boxers.

Tadashi changed quick as well but just as quick got into his pyjamas. He sat on his bed pulling a book from under his pillow and flipping to the page where he last read.

Hiro tip-toed over to his side and peaked around the divider.

Tadashi looked up. "Yes, Hiro?"
He asked causing Hiro to huff. Hiro thought it was obvious what he wanted.

"I was just..." Hiro started, picking at the divider.

"If we could finish where we left off.." Tadashi said, finishing Hiro's thought. He closed his book.

Hiro looked up, smiling. "Mhm."

Tadashi gave a little sigh before looking back up at his baby brother. "Hiro.. what we did.. can only be a one time thing. That stuff shouldn't happen between brothers."

Hiro sighed sadly and looked back to the divider, continuing his picking. "But it's my birthday.. And I won't tell anyone." He pouted like he did when he was a kid to get what he wanted. It especially worked on Tadashi.

Tadashi noticed the pout and chuckled. "Tell ya what. How about we just cuddle instead?" Tadashi said, tossing his book to the floor and hooding up the covers.

Hiro giggled and ran over, crawling into bed next to his brother. Tadashi sighed as he shut off the light, holding Hiro close. "Better?"

Hiro hummed, shutting his eyes. "I guess it'll do."

Tadashi smiled and rubbed Hiro's back. It'll have to do.