Dig Deeper

AN: To clarify some things:

- The story is set at the beginning of 2015

- I will be making few changes in the way The Voice works, for my own benefit

"abc" - speech

'abc' - thoughts

"abc" - lyrics

--

It was two days later when Caroline received the call from none other than Christina Aguilera, asking her to drop by for a meeting with the rest of the team members.

She really wished they'd sometimes take more precautions with people. Being 28 years old and having a private - albeit small - dance school could handicap a girl, especially with a very fixed schedule that is The Voice and all the practice that comes along with it.

Luckily her best - and only - friend, Honey, was all for helping in the time of need.

Since it was just a simple meet-up with people and luckily no cameras were included, Caroline decided to just go as she was now - red loose shirt, exposing the white sports bra underneath it, complimented by dark grey yoga pants, reaching just under her knee.

In all honesty, the brunette was actually quite excited about the whole prospect of things to come.

Even if her motives for auditioning were - to say the least - silly and childish.

--

"Hello, Caroline,"

"Oh, hi there Carson," She smiled and moved, making room on the couch for the man.

"Quite a lovely bunch. Yours?"

"Gods, no! They're my students," The brunette laughed, though her cheeks gained a little tint to them at the suggestion. Carson had to admit, he found it quite endearing.

"Oh, so you're a teacher?" He asked, a little intrigued.

"Sort of? I teach those kids all about different kinds of dancing styles. From ballet to break dance," At that, the group of the little ones around started doing funny figures, making both of the grown ups chuckle.

"So, if you're that good in dancing, why audition for the Voice?" I wasn't unusual for people to have their own jobs, but those were more of the mundane ones - office worker spending 40 hours a week behind a desk, or working the cash register. Dancing was something that could give way to freedom of expressing oneself and gave more options.

"Honestly?" Her cheeks flushed once more, leaning closer to the man. Carson nodded, mimicking her movements with a bated breath, waiting for the big revelation.

"This little munchkin over there said, quote 'If you're so good at dancing why not try something else to go with it. I bet you could make it on The Voice, win and become a superstar!' And he dared me to do it," Caroline sighed with a little shake of the head, "Now I owe him a double serving of ice cream from Mother Moo Creamery,"

Well, it most certainly was not what Carson has expected. A sappy, teary story, yes, but this?

"So... it was just a whim?" He asked with disbelief.

"Whim? It was no whim," The brunette smiled, sitting said munchkin - Peter - on her knees, "It's a very important promise to someone even more important. And promises are meant to be kept, right?" The little boy nodded, tucking himself under her chin.

"That being said, there's only a few spots left on the coaches teams. Do you have any strategy on getting at least one chair to turn?"

"Nope," She popped the letter, smiling warmly, "People tend to forget that if you don't succeed once, it doesn't mean it's game over for you. Either it's something you're not cut out for - meaning there's something else for you to do - or it's simply a case of a bad day. Sorry... what was the question again?"