Chapter 4

Hey guys! In this chapter is when Luna goes to Totsuki academy! And a little explanation on Luna's cuisine.

"Wow, Soma I couldn't believe all of the stuff you guys, have on the market!" Luna said with a wide smile on her face.

"Don't you have that back home?" He asked walking beside her going towards the temporary rental apartment that she currently resides in, she used to be in the hotel but found a cheaper place to live in for the time being.

When she opened the door the room was a bit small seeing the bed neatly tidied as well as her suitcase in the corner all neat, everything neat and organized. Luna placed the bags on the small counter while Soma got the portable grill in his hands.

"Not as much as this." She replied, "I've never seen so many types of fish before."

"So..where can I set this up?" He asked holding the grill.

"I've got a small room in the balcony, you can set it up there." She said

Soma nodded sliding the glass window open.

'I still haven't talked to Mami or abuelita...I don't want to tell them the bad news…' Luna thought she tightened her fist. 'It's been almost three days since then. They haven't called back I guess it's tough trying to figure out the right time zone here but I can't keep avoiding it forever..'

"I've got the grill ready here," Soma said Having the Japanese grill ready, seeing the heat emitting from it.

"Awesome! I'll make you one of my favorite treats that I used to have back home." Luna said taking out two corn husks out of the cloth bags.

"What is it?" He asked

"Elotes! " Luna chimed with a smile.

"What are Elotes?" He asked

"You'll find out!" She started taking the husks off of the corn and lightly wash it, then patted them to dry with a small knife she spread butter she tied the husks with some string securing it.

Soma watched Luna prepare the Elotes placing the corn on the grill that he brought.

"So Yukihira-kun, what are you going to do now? " Luna asked while mixing a few things in a bowl.

"I guess just keep cooking." Soma said, "And you?"

"Well, I guess going back to Tampa and help out at the truck since that girl didn't let us pass," Luna muttered, " I really wanted to stay here and learn more about Japanese food."

"I'm curious about your food too."Soma said, "So you said your food is Latin food."

"Yeah Latin food is my specialty, it's nice home cooking with bold flavors in each country like Cuba, Mexico, Puerto Rico has their own spice, some use a lot of varieties while some use different quantities and a way of making the dish their own distinct flavor," Luna explained while turning the corn seeing it lightly turning color "My cuisine is a fusion of those flavors with other countries."

"Sounds interesting." Soma said

Twenty minutes later…

"Here we are! Elotes!" Luna said holding the grilled corn by the husk that was lightly covered in a white sauce with red powder and cheese.