Two: The Nocturnal Movements

Start from the beginning

"She seemed to be saying something in her sleep. Hanji is observing the movements of the eotans from Rowen's room, see if they gravitate toward her." Mike says. I nod.

"Levi. Mike. This problem is worse than we feared. Hanji is on the roof right now with Nanaba but we need more people there to draw the eotans away from Sienna Rowen." Commander Erwin states. "Levi, since she's in your custody, you wake her up."

I nod, turning toward the chambers which Sienna sleeps in.

She can't really be a siren can she?

I knock on her door. It opens. I see her curled up in a ball, hugging her knees on the floor.

"I did it again." she shakes. Okay, time to play the reverse phycology game. I remember how harsh her brother was to her when their cousin Harkin was eaten. She was blamed.

"You haven't done anything." I assure.

"I did." she whispers. "It's like they just come when I talk."

"They don't." I roll my eyes. "You're not a siren. You're a soldier, now get on your uniform." I turn to leave. "Get on the roof as soon as you can."

"Hai!" she says.

I stand on the windowledge of the next window and fire my 3DMG, slicing the skin of the filthy titan that was reaching for me upon my exit.

The dwindling mass of the Survey Corps are defending their territory as if it isn't the middle of the night. That's when I see the flash of crimson.

"Your crimson arror rips through the twilight this is the moment for war." Sienna snarls slashing the neck of an eotan.

"She's alive?" one of the lucky ones to have survived the fall of Walll Maria asks another.

"I thought the whole family was killed in Shiganshina." the second muses.

"Forward! Group attacks for the mutual. The elite fly solo." Commander Erwin orders. "Nanaba, Mike, Hanji- in this situation you can fly solo also."

"Yokai!" we salute the commander.

I am left to slaughter as many eotans as I can. I hear many chide Sienna Rowen for being too tenacious. Mainly Mike Zacharius.

The early morning wiinds are not helping our efficiency with manourvering however generally we appear to be succeeding.

The crowd of eotans is diminishing. Have we worked that quickly?

"Levi Heichou- where's Sienna Rowen?" Nanaba pants, resting on the roof beside me as I clean my blades.

My eyes widen. Where IS Sienna Rowen? I watch as my commerades register the same thought. Maybe one of the eotans ate her. Our numbers are clearly lower than at the start of our defence.

"Erwin." Mike says quietly. He doesn't seem to have heard Mike.

"COMMANDER! Behind you!" Nanaba shrieks.

"What?" the tall blond asks as if he's used to being screamed at. Maybe he is, he gets a lot of verbal complaints about the lack of success from our missions in recent years. Hell we all have but since Erwin's in charge he gets the worst of it. From the troops of soldiers who are no longer useful to the legion, from those who have had to watch their friends die and the parents of those we were too late to save.

A light grunt echoes through the sky as another blur of crimson passes.

"Ahh I see her now." Hanji muses.

"Rowen." I reprimand. "You..." the girl before me cuts me off.

"Heichou Gomene." the redhead whispers as the wind blows her nightdress up. She gasps and holds it down, blushing violently.

I look Sienna up and down, glaring when I realise how stupid she has been. She just grabbed her equipment! She faught off eotans in her nightdress! She isn't even wearing shoes! She blushes once more when she sees that I'm looking at her.

"I think we've got this now Sienna." Nanaba puts her hand on the younger redhead's shoulder. Her missmatched eyes meet mine as if to ask whether she can go.

"Tch." I wave her away. She nods, saluting and firing her 3DMG and swinging through an open window back into HQ.

"There are minimal eotans on the move in our direction. Two?" Mike declares.

"Are they passing through or actually coming here?" Erwin asks.

"They're not moving with urgency but there is no way to confirm if they're persuing the siren." Mike sniffs the air.

"Ahh." Erwin appears to be assessing the situation.

"Small troops will draw less attention than that of this cluster of people." the commander states. "We are to move toward these approaching eotans in groups."

"Pointless." Mike pipes up.

"There coming right at us!" one of the mutual soldiers shouts, pointing his shaking hand in front of him.

"Tch." I roll my eyes.

"Levi?" Erwin asks.

I nod, holding my blades in the comfortable way and slicing the nape of one of the approaching eotans cleanly. The second makes a grab for those on the roof, taking hold of the short haired blonde woman; Nanaba. She is being held by her legs however she doesn't squirm. She simply shears off the eotan's fingers as if she is used to it.

"Yosh!" she enthuses, voice wvering as if she's a tad shocked. Who wouldn't be, even though she casually freed herself of the beast's hold. Nanaba, like everybody else is human.

"Fall back!" Erwin instructs calmly. The blonde looks grateful.

"I'll do it." I mutter, slashing the nape of the second as I return to the roof.

"Are you alright?" Hanji Zoe asks.

"Yeah, just shaken up." the blonde smiles.

"Here let me help you to your room." The bespecticlaled brunette helps her commerade to her feet, following her into HQ via the window which Sienna Rowen entered from.

"That's all of them." Mike confirms.

"Return to your quaters everybody." the commander directs. "Corporal Levi can you stay a minute?" I nod.

"Yokai." the troops salute.

"Erwin." I say, staying on the roof as instructed.

"Levi, I believe we should talk to Sienna Rowen; try to work out more about her abilities as a siren. Whether she believes that this was her doing." I am told. I nod.

"Is that all?" I ask. He says nothing.

"Well then I'm going to bed." I head back into HQ via the window. I hear Erwin follow behind me.

I hear the redhead crying in her room but fatigue coaxes me to my own room instead of hers. I should leave her be. She's just shaken up. I'm sure she'll be okay soon.