A STRANGER WITHIN.

Reese's p.o.v

"Three days, three fucking days.  I'll kill him, I will fucking kill him"

I muttered as I stormed down the hall to my brother's room. After our last encounter, Marcus had been avoiding me and that shit didn't sit right with me. He told me how he felt and how he didn't want to rush into things seeing how I wasn't my self, but deliberately avoiding me wasn't going to solve shit.

I had tried calling him but no answer, I went to his room but yet again no fucking answer, now I was here and I better find out where he is or my brother was going to get it.

I raised my hand and knocked loudly on the heavy oak door and waited for a reply. I listened as I heard a little shuffling behind the door then stepped back as the door was roughly pulled open. My brother looked down at me with an annoyed look painting his handsome face that soon turned into a smirk.

"I wondered how long it was gonna take before you came looking for him."

He chuckled tiredly before opening the door wider waving me into the room.

"You know something? you guys ware me the fuck out. I've been watching you two dance around your feelings for a couple of years now, I really wish you two would get your shit together."

He huffed as he slumped down into a leather chair.  I didn't remember much about Cass but one thing I knew for sure was that he would go to the ends of the earth to help those he cared about. So here I was hoping he would help me with Marcus.

"I'm sorry to come here, unannounced brother ."

The word brother seemed so foreign to me, There were some things I knew about him but not because of memory. It was more like a deep instinctual feeling. When I was around Cass I knew with everything in me he was my brother, but when I was alone, that feeling was gone. I felt like a stranger and a fraud, I felt like I was dropped into a life that didn't belong to me.

I felt as if I was an outsider, except when I was with Marcus. He made me feel so much, It was like he was the only thing that made sense right now. He was the only one who made things a little more bearable and this hide and seek bullshit he was pulling was getting on my last fucking nerve.

"Where is he. He's been avoiding me and I want to know why?"

Cass leaned back in his chair throwing his arm over the back with yet another fucking smirk plastered on his smug face. He was definitely my fucking brother! Only a fucking sibling could piss me off that much without opening his damn smug mouth.

"Cass don't start with your shit, WHERE IS HE?"

I growled as kicked his foot in warning. The chuckle that escaped his lips made my blood boil as i stomped closer to his chair.

"Cass so help me god or whoever the fuck it is you pray too if you don't tell me where he is i'll."

"You will do what?"

He cut me off with a bored tone.

"What is it that you're going to do me hmm? Throw a fit? Glad to see the memory loss hasn't changed you, little brother."

I stood there and thought for a moment before sitting on the footstool in front of his chair. I felt a smirk pull at my own lips as i leaned in close looking him dead in the eyes.

"I'll tell Harper you won't help me find Marcus. I'll tell him that you have known all this time but refused to help me, your one and only brother. I can just imagine how disappointed he will be to find out that you were helping keep us apart. I can only imagine how quickly he will side with me leaving you in the dog house dear brother."

I watched as his jaw clenched and a playful smirk once again painted his handsome face.

"You may not have any memories of us Reese but damn, You still know how to play the game."

He chuckled before giving me a sideways glance.

"I'll tell you where the little coward is on one condition."

He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees and looked deep into my eyes. I could see how deep in thought he was as he contemplated telling me what it was I had come here to find out.

"And what condition is that dear brother."

I replied tiredly. This three day game of hide and seek was beginning to get on my last nerve. I just wanted to find him and knock his damn block off. Either that or convince him to fuck me till neither of us could walk. I was open to ideas but I had to find the coward first.

"That you two just fuck and get it over with, because if I have to listen to him gripe on about how badly he wants you but has to be a gentleman one more time I might just shoot him and put him out of his fucking misery myself."

A smile slid across his tanned face as a giggle bubbled up and slid out of my throat. His eyes lit up as the sound echoed around the room, in turn, making him laugh.

"Its been a while since I heard that sound little brother. Hopefully its a sound I hear more often once you have cornered your man."

I watched as he ran his hands tiredly over his handsome face.

"I mean it Reese fuck him raw or I'll end you both. We have had too much drama in our lives lately I don't think I will able to keep my sanity if you two don't get your shit together."

He sat back in his chair crossing one leg over the other.

"He's in the lake house at the edge of the property. He's been there since he left your room. To be honest I thought you would have found him before now. You always did have a way of tracking him down no matter how hard he tried to keep out of your way."

Quickly I jumped to my feet and wrapped my arms around his thick neck.

"Thanks, brother I knew I could count on you."

I whispered before I pulled back and smiled softly at him. His eyes softened as he smiled kindly at me.

"Any time little brother. Besides you practically had me by the balls. "

I stepped back and chuckled as I turned towards the door.

"One more thing Reese before you leave."

Slowly turning I looked back towards him only to find a troubled expression marring his handsome face.

"How did you know using Harper would get me to tell you what it was you wanted to know?"

A chuckle escaped my lips as I looked across the room at him.

"Well the last time you covered for Marcus, Harper withheld your sex privileges I figured using him as a threat might motivate you to help me. You can't last a day without being buried deep in his tight ass, I believe you told me once before."

I turned back to the door as his voice stopped me once again.

"I remember well but I'm glad to hear that you do too."

My hand froze mid-air as I turned quickly towards him.

" What?"

His eyes softened as he rested his chin in his palm.

"That happened before your coma Reese. It seems that your memory is perking up."

Standing there silently I realised that I had remembered something and it was shocking. But more than anything else it was terrifying what if the memories i got back, were memories no one would want. What if the cost of having them back was something i wasn't willing nor ready to pay.