Well, what is the point?

What is the point of living my life as normal without the one girl that makes it complete?

No reason.

We are all slouched on the couches in the living room whilst listening to the police officer, asking us questions and a plan of how we get our princess back.

"So...the day Amber went missing, was she acting strange or doing something she never normally does?" The officer says whilst getting ready to write on his pen and paper.

The whole room turns deadly silent as we all start thinking, thinking about the day that started our depression.

"Ooh Amber put on makeup!" Grey shouted at the officer, the officer looked at Grey like he was a complete idiot, but all the family turned to Grey like they had all seen a ghost.

"She wore makeup?!? This. Is. Big!" Dylan said completely shocked at the new information.

"Is it not normal for Amber to wear makeup?" The officer asked confused with a deep frown set on his face. Everyone nodded their heads quickly.

"Amber NEVER wears makeup! She only does when we force her too." Dylan says in pure and utter bewilderment. Everyone is looking at each other scared, knowing that 1. Amber put on makeup willingly and 2. Something big must've happened that day and I'm scared to find out what that may be...

"Was Amber acting differently that morning?" The officer asks whilst writing something down.

Everyone was sitting up straight, ready to pour out information to the poor officer that has stepped foot inside a madhouse.

"She didn't even say goodbye that morning for school!"

"She was wearing clothes that she would never normally wear!"

"No morning hugs and kisses!"

"When Amber was waiting outside by the car for me, she seemed to be in a hurry to leave."

"She never gave her big brother a hug before she left," Dylan said sadly at the end, with tears eyes and a heartbroken face. All the shouting stopped, and the officer was writing a mile a minute at all the new information that was thrown at him unexpectedly by us.

Mom side hugged Dylan and kissed his shoulder. "We will find her son." She said and hugged him tightly.

***

It's now later on and the officer left to go back to the station and work on this case. While the rest of us were all camped out in the living room and smothered with thick blankets and pillows.

It was like one big sleepover.

We all decided that we would sleep together as a family in the living room, as we cannot sleep in our own rooms and we thought it would be best if we were around each other so we can help each other get to sleep.

Getting 10 minutes of sleep was challenging enough!

We all got comfy and turned the lights out. Dylan, Grey and Isaac were talking amongst themselves and whispering about this new computer game that's apparently the 'Best game ever!' according to Grey, but I don't trust Grey's preference when it comes to games because he likes all the cooking ones that nobody in the house likes...apart from Amber.

Amber would play any game with us, it didn't matter if it was a fighting, cooking, shooting, guts eating robots game.... she would play any game at any time of the day with us.

That was one of the many things I admired about her, the fact that she would always spend time with us no matter what important piece of work there was, she would always be there for us.

And the fact that she lived with four overprotective brothers is an achievement in itself!

I smile at the memories then I feel my dad nudge my arm, I look over to see mom completely passed out and snoring slightly, making my brothers laugh at her quietly.

"What I don't understand is...if Amber ran away, why did she do it?" Dad whispered and rubbed his jaw, he looked so tired and drained out, the wrinkles were showing on his forehead and his stubble has grown out. He was losing himself because of this and it was killing me to see.

"Dad...if Amber did run away, she will come back when she's ready, I think she wants to be free and make mistakes like a normal teenager. I think we should let her see what life is really like and you will see her run back to us, faster than you can finish the word 'Chocolate'!" I said and dad chuckled, smiling for the first time in days.

He patted my back and we said our 'Goodnights' then pulled the covers over our heads and tried to get some sleep.

I closed my eyes and dreamt of Amber, her running back to the house and jumping into my arms, me swinging her around in circles and us laughing like idiots but doing the silly things that siblings do. It brought a smile on my face and sent me into a much-needed deep sleep.

I just hope that day comes very soon....

*****

Tell me what you think in the Comments!

-Mari