Dearest Brother

He'd expected to feel a sharp pain jab through him but before he could stab himself he heard the loud crash of Mjolnir knocking the dagger out of his grip and felt Thor's strong hands around his wrists, preventing him from any further movement. He saw the look of terror and confusion cross his face and in his eyes he spotted hot anger. Loki smiled. He had gotten what he wanted.

"You could've killed yourself!" Thor exclaimed, stating the obvious. He saw the look of satisfaction in his eyes but contradictory to that smile on his lips he felt his brother squirm beneath his grip, trying to pull away. He didn't know why until he saw it, the green glow of magic washing over his brother's body, revealing a more skinny and exhausted version of the man he held against the wall. "Loki..." he murmured. "Why did you conceal this from me? I would've..." his words fell short, he didn't know what he would've done.

Loki's smile faded as he saw the worry return to the blonde's eyes. "I knew you couldn't hate me like this. I knew that if you found me this way you'd only pity me" he said, his words sharp as the blade he'd tried to stab himself with just moments before.

"Hate you?" Thor said, an eyebrow raising. "Loki I could never hate you." He stated.

Loki frowned. "Why? Why?!" He asked, his frail body pushing pointlessly against Thor's grip. "I'm not even your brother! I'm a monster! I'm a frost giant!" He yelled.

"That doesn't mean you're not my brother, Loki. It just means you're adopted." Thor said firmly. "And all this" he said looking his brother up and down. "I don't understand it." He sighed honestly. "Did you do this just because you wanted me to hate you?"

Loki's frown deepened. "You don't love me, I know you can't" a lie. "And I don't care about you" another lie. "I hate you!" He lied again. It was a vain attempt to build up his walls, to protect himself from Thor's love. His body thrashed but Thor, afraid he might try to grab the knife, pushed him back against the wall without fail. With each shove his body grew weaker until weeks of not eating or sleeping caught up with him. His body collapsed.

Thor, shocked by Loki's suddenly tipping body, had to act quickly to keep him from falling to the floor. One minute he'd been fighting to keep him still and the next he was out like a light. He looked down at his dear brother whom he loved but had a very difficult time understanding and called for help.