Technical Difficulties (A short Dirk x Hal fanfic)

"Dirk."

The blonde only turned over at the sound of his name.

"Dirk."

Again, but much more louder. Growling lightly, Dirk hesitated before opening his orange eyes to stare up at the android Hal. He regretted making him a body, but, he was talked into it by Roxy. Unforunately for himself, this made Hal all the more annoying.

"Get up. Do you know what time it is?"

Without a reply, Dirk pushed his blanket off of his body and sat up, running a hand through his hair, huffing. He reached over, feeling for his shades. Not feeling them, he looked over, before back at Hal who waved the shades around. "Looking for this?"

"God dammit Hal. What do you want?" Came from Dirks mouth as he glared daggers towards the android who looked too much like him than he had aimed for upon creation. "I want you to get up." Even his voice. His voice sounded like his own, but a little higher pitched than his own deep voice. "Obviously." Dirk replied, moving his legs over to the side of the bed, and he pushed himself to stand. Facing Hal, he held his hand out towards the other. "What?" Was his only reply which sounded rather innocent.

"You know what. Give me them before I make you miss your next upgrade or update." Dirk hissed, and the android quickly put the shades into his hands. "Thats what I thought."

Placing the shades over his eyes, he crossed his arms. "Speaking of an update." Hal started again, "I've been meaning to tell you that I'm missed up to 10 new updates." The blonde sighed, walking out of his room, the android right behind him. "Fantastic." Dirk complained, "Oh c'mon, could be worse. I could be an outdated piece of trash." Hal smiled at the blonde, but it faded when the other replied with: "Well sadly you are just only a piece of trash." "Hey! I am not."

Chuckling, Dirk walked on to the kitchen. "Speaking of time. What time is it, Hal?" "Twelve in the morning."

"Sweet, still enough time for waffles." As he spoke, he got out some Eggo Waffles, and put two into a toaster. "Aw are one of those for me?" Hal asked, smiling sweetly. "We both know that is an obvious no. And you can't even eat."

"A guy can dream, Dirk!"

"Keep dreaming."

The android let out a metallic, almost glitchy sound. "What was that?" Dirk rose an eyebrow as the waffles came out of the toaster with a ping. Putting the waffles into a plate, he flinched at the burning heat. "A sigh, Dirk, a sigh." Hal said. "Didn't sound like one." Dirk added. "Maybe because I wasn't programmed with a sigh sound and that's what I got." Hal grumbled.

"Oh shut up. The next time I update you I'll program you with more sounds and shit."

"Thank you, Dirky~."

"If you call me that then I won't do it."

"Sorry."

"Good."

Dirk turned, getting some syrup and putting it on the waffles before collecting a fork and he started eating. "So when is the next time you'll update me?" Dirk yawned. "Maybe later if you shut up about it." He said, swallowing. "Sounds good." Hal smiled. "Uh huh." Was the only thing Dirk replied with.

Luckily, Hal had left Dirk alone so he could finish his breakfast in peace. After finishing, he put the plate in the sink with the fork and walked back to his room, where Hal sat, ontop of his work desk. "Well someone doesn't understand later."

"You said later, not in four hours."

"Whatever."

Dirk plopped down in a chair, infront of Hal and the android looked down at him. "You said update and upgrade, earlier, correct?" "Yeah what about it?" Hal smiled victoriously. "Good." Dirk frowned in unison to Hals smile. "What do you want then?" He sighed. "How glad I am you asked. I want my fingers to be rigged with pink and red LED lights." Dirk rose an eyebrow, snickering a bit. "You hang out with Roxy too much."

"What makes you think that?" Hal asked, frowning. "Sounds like something she would say." Dirk tried to explain. "Oh." Hal said, before nodding. "It does, doesn't it?" Dirk nodded before crossing his arms. "You aren't serious, are you?"

"Psh. Of course not." Hal said, pokerfacing, but in reality, he did want them. For ironic purposes, of course. "Good." Dirk said, stretching with a small groan. "Well, about those updates?" Hal asked, trying to change the subject. "You wanna be powered down or not?" Dirk asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Nah."

"Alright."

Grabbing a nearby screw driver, he undid screws on Hal's torso, and pulled a USB drive out of his "heart". Plugging the USB into his computer, he updated and installed as well as uninstalled some stuff on it. "You're so serious when you work." Hal said, looking towards Dirk. "Do you ever stop and say something stupid?" Hal asked, frowning with a slight pout.

"No I don't. I have nothing stupid to say."

"Well that sounded stupid to me."

"Shit, looks like I fooled myself."

Hal grinned, looking at Dirk who ejected the USB and then plugged it back into Hal's heart. Stretching, he replaced the metal piece over his heart. Using the screw driver again, he screwed it back in. "Thank you." Hal said, before he let out a noise an old computer would when it needs updated before it turned into a beep. "Feel better?" Dirk rose an eyebrow. "Yeah, a bunch. Thanks."