My cheeks prickled with heat as I rolled my eyes.

He smiled softly and said, "I love you."

I suddenly felt a shit ton safer. That's how Bellamy made me feel.

"Bellamy? What the hell's going on?" The radio said.

I pointed to it. "Raven?"

He nodded, handing me the device. I pressed down the button and said into it, "It's Carson."

"Carson?" Clarke.

I smiled. "Yeah, it's me."

"Carson?!"

I hand flew to my mouth. "Brooklyn? You're okay?"

"Yes! Are you? I thought they were... never mind."

"As much as I'd like to enjoy this reunion, we've gotta hurry," Clarke said into the walkie.

I nodded.

"Carson, where did you come from?" Clarke asked.

"The bunks," I told her.

"She came from the one on the right," Bellamy told them.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"To where our friends are," he said, his voice low.

I have no idea where that is, surprisingly.

I was about to ask which way, but then, we heard a drill wiring.

"That's it," I whispered.

When he began crawling, I went to follow him. He turned back immediately, telling me, "No way. I just got you back, I'm not risking losing you."

I sighed. "First of all, it's less safe back in the room. Second, I'm going to help."

He slowly sighed and turned back.

When we reached the small ramp that we slid down, the area became wider, so we were able to crawl side by side on our hands and knees, instead of on our stomachs.

When we got to the end, we leaned towards the slits of the opening and looked down into the small room.

I felt like I was going to throw up.

I gripped Bellamy's hand, my mouth gaping as I stared at the horrifying sight in front of me.

When Harper said drilling, for some reason, this wasn't what I had imagined.

They were drilling into our bones. Everywhere. Monty and Harper had survived that? Mentally?

God, I'd be insane.

I was zoned out for a couple seconds, not hearing what they were saying.

I was suddenly extremely grateful that sticking my chin up to them had made them not want me.

"...Whitman just radioed in. Apparently there's a War Council meeting happening tonight in one of their villages. The leaders are gonna be there," Cage said.

"Sir, I feel good. Let me take a team out, support Whitman," the other man said.

"No, he has less chance of being spotted if he's alone."

"Sir, Whitman's good, but he can't take out that many targets alone."

"Which is why we're gonna use a missile. And this time, we're not gonna miss."

I could barely focus when we landed in a small room, where I could finally stretch my legs, Bellamy talking over the walkie with Raven, Clarke, and Brooklyn.

So much was on my mind. I couldn't shake the growing feeling in my stomach that was utterly revolted by these people. There were so many instances where I could've been one of those people, locked in a cage and drilled to the bone without anesthetic. It made me want to puke.

"Carson."

My head shot up to Bellamy. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I could've been in there, Bellamy. I'm afraid of needles. Like, deathly afraid. When they came in to pick one of us out, every time, I tried to get myself picked. I thought, 'Me is better than one of them.'" I swallowed. "I'd still do it, if it meant protecting someone. But... I'm terrified."

He pulled me into his chest, stroking my hair. "I won't let anything happen to you."

"I won't let anything happen to you, either." When I pulled back, I said to him, "Listen... If they pick me, don't try to save me."

He clenched his jaw. "I don't think I can do that."

"Bellamy, we're all screwed without you. I'll be fine, I promise."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to my forehead. "Get back before they notice you're gone," he said.

So, I did.

"I'll see you later," I called over my shoulder.

The warm never left my face in every spot he had kissed me.

1248 words
EEK REUNITED