Chapter six

Chapter six: To think you could trust someone***

***

TODAY was the day. It terrified Magnus to his very core yet he knew it was right. He had spend an extra day in the hospital for observation, and then an excused week out of school for not only being stabbed, but also having an emergency appendectomy afterwards which he supposedly narrowly survived. Magnus thought he had to have clung onto life for something, not just because he's a fighter. No, there had to be something more than just being a fighter. Rudie was the one to visit a bedridden Magnus for once for the first few days, which he got an obvious kick out of. Then there was home physical therapy where it hurt to even breathe, his core hurt so bad.

//
Magnus took a breath and gripped onto the rails attached to the hallway in his house, shaking in pain. His core hurt so bad it was almost impossible to walk without buckling over. Veronica placed both hands on his torso- light enough so it wouldn't hurt, but just enough to be supportive- looking at him sympathetically.

"I can't do it. This hurts so bad, Ronnie." Magnus huffs, hanging his head forward.

"You're doing great." She encourages. "Mag, you're really strong. And lucky. I just wish I knew who did this."

The boy nodded, taking in the words and looked at Veronica who had the most caring and sincere look.

"I'll be okay." Magnus says with a nod.

"What if he comes back? What if..." Veronica trails off. "I don't want to lose you."

The McCary boy hugs his girlfriend and kisses her forehead as he wishes he could tell her. He wanted to tell Veronica everything, but he knew it would destroy her if he ever did tell her the whole truth. But for now, he just stood there in an embrace, glad for that moment.
//

It doesn't hurt as bad after having a week to rest and work the pain off. The average recovery time-off is one to three weeks, but Magnus would fight through whatever pain if it meant he were to get out of the house away from his parents. His stitches were taken out just the night before and he took half of of a painkiller before leaving for school to numb the pain but not make him drowsy.

There was nothing on the Rascal radar and he was thankful and scared for that. Thankful he didn't have to deal with him at the moment, scared he will have to eventually. He didn't know who could be his next victim, all he knew was that he wouldn't work for Rascal in a million years. There has to be another way out, he thought time after time, but nothing came to mind.

Back at school, he had many people tell him that they were glad he was getting better, that the guy that hurt him would get caught, and overall a great message to him. Would they liked them if he told them his true self? The McCary boy's plans was to tell the people he knew at school he was indeed a Southside Serpent and bit by bit, as time went on he would be more honest.