"Magnus, you look exceptionally well." Cheryl says when the boy was gathering his books at his locker.

"Thanks, Cher." He thanks with a small grin.

Magnus did understand why most didn't like Cheryl because of her cold hearted attitude, but the boy didn't see her in that way. Any friend of Jason's was a friend of hers, and Magnus had to have been one of Jason's closest friends. She had a soft spot for Magnus, but was only a tad nicer to him compared to others. He'd take that more than nothing.

The two had a pleasant conversation of small talk as they went to the class they had together and he honestly enjoyed it. Halfway there, Magnus' phone chimed, as did everyone else's in the school, so with a peaked curiosity he checked his phone. It was a post by the football coach's son, Chuck's Instagram of picture of him and Veronica in his car and she had a sticky maple mark edited on her face. Magnus gripped his phone to where his knuckles were white and he could feel his jaw clenching from pure anger.

"Mag, what's..." Cheryl trailed off once seeing his phone. She looked at him with apologetic eyes "Magnus, I'm sorry to remind you as if you've forgotten, but she's a Lodge, and if you have been keeping up with the latest tabloids-"

"Enough." He interrupts before walking out.

It's amazing how fast the teenage mind will change, one thing to the complete opposite. At first Magnus was being encouraged for being at school, now people were looking at him with pity saying 'sorry'. The teenage boy stormed out of the school his breathing heavy, trying to keep hold of what was left to him. He liked Veronica- no- he loved her. Magnus McCary had fallen for Veronica Lodge just to have his beating heart torn out of his chest and kicked like a football to a great distance. That football, that everyone thought was durable, was not, and it shattered like porcelain on a concrete ground. His heart was broken for the first time.

How could she do this? Was this all payback from all the terrible things he had done just a year before? Why did all come back so fast when it all happened such a long time ago. The boy stormed behind the school and felt himself letting go, tears running down his face when he punched one of the dumpsters, yelling out. Just a scream of anguish. Magnus slid down a wallb sitting down, leaning his head back to face the overcast sky while clutching his bleeding fist.

"God dammit!" Magnus yelled. He cried into his kness.

He had never been on this side of the ropes before; to be the one getting his heart broken. For Magnus it had always been hit and quit, not caring how badly he hurt them, and now he's feeling perhaps everything he did to those girls in his past, ninety percent of which he didn't remember their names. The McCary boy looked up and felt the crisp autumn wind strike his cold and wet cheeks, stinging his eyes now teary and red.

Football practice was just ending, and he didn't want to be seen and be known as the boy who cried over some girl. Magnus didn't want to show Chuck that what he did affect him, even though the two never spoke more than fifty words to each other. Magnus wanted to put on his masculine, uncaring attitude back on, yet couldn't, so for the rest of the day, he ditched school only to return at the end of the day.

He sat on top of the brick and cement Riverdale High School sign, motorcycle helmet in hand, as everyone poured out of the building, freshmen to seniors all at once. Knowing that he stuck out from everyone by looks, he knew he'd be easy to spot by anyone. Surely, as his theory became true, Veronica walked towards him, making him jump off the sign and walk away, not wanting to look at her.