The Waiter At IHop (One Shot)

Rory Evans was tired of being the nice guy. He wanted something fresh, something new. Something bad. So, he played Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson on repeat as he looked through his closet for something that made him look "bad".

Michel Gary rolled his eyes as he sat on his best friend's bed, watching as he sifted through his clothes. "If you're going to dress the part, you need to act like it too. Let me teach you how it's done." He smirked as he walked over to stand next to Rory.

Michel picked out a plain white shirt and handed it to Rory, looking at all of the other clothes as he did so. "Okay, you clearly don't have a leather jacket so do you have a flannel?" Michel asked as he looked back at Rory in question. "Umm, yeah, I think." Rory said, walking over to his dresser.

"While you're doing that, I'm going to get a pair of jeans from your bottom drawer." Michel walked over to the dresser with Rory. He bent down and grabbed a pair of black comfortably fitting jeans. Rory leaned above him and got out a red and black flannel.

They got Rory's outfit together and then Michel shoved him in the bathroom. "Take a shower, get dressed, and then call me in. I need to complete the look. And then I'll explain how to act " bad" on the way to IHop." Michel explained and then he shut the door.

°"*"°

Rory and Michel pilled into the car, Rory sitting in shotgun as they drove. "Okay, now how to act "bad" 101. You act like you don't care about anything. Smirk whenever you hear or see anything funny, no matter how mean it is. Be demanding, don't let other people push you around. Don't take any bs from anyone. Even if you are bad, please don't curse in front of someone if you like them. Don't ask why." Michel explained in short sentences, Rory nodding every once in a while.

They pulled into the parking lot of IHop and got out of the car, Rory putting on his 'I-Don't-Care' persona. They walked into the restaurant, Rory smirking because it was the easiest thing to do, to him anyway.

The minute they walked in, Rory was met with the wonderful smell of perfectly made pancakes. This was truly heaven, along with the boy standing by the 'wait to be seated' sign. He had light brown hair with a blondish undertone. His eyes were a sea of pure milk chocolate. He was short and had a bit of a chub to him, like baby fat. Cute. His name tag read the name Remy. Even cuter.

"H-Hello, I'll be your server this afternoon, if y-you need anything please come to me or a-anyone you see that's near you." Remy Patterson stuttered over his words. He mentally facepalmed. He was trying to get rid of this problem, that's the whole reason he got this job. To interact with people he didn't know and not stutter. Ugh. He was starting disliking himself again.

Remy shook his head as he passed out the menus. "Is something wrong?" The boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, the one wearing the red flannel, asked as he looked at him with a worried expression on his face. "Sorry, it's nothing. I'm just getting over a
s-stuttering problem. Dang it." Remy whispered the last part under his breath.

"Well, I think you should keep the stutter, it's what separates you from the others." He smiled and looked down at the menu to see what he wanted. His complement made Remy blush. His parents and his friends said that he needed to get rid of it so people could understand him better. Why? He didn't know.

"U-Um, thanks. I'll be back i-in a bit to take your order." Remy rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment as he walked to one of the other tables he was waiting for. "But Mary, I just want to get to know you!" The man Remy learned was named Robert complained. He started backing up; maybe he shouldn't get caught up in the drama.