I walk closer to the crying and listen outside the door. It was mom and dad's room and my mom was the one crying her eyes out.

I open the door slowly and walk in on my mother sat down in the middle of the bed, hunched in a ball and knitting furiously. Strange I thought so I went over and sat beside her. The sun's rays were shining on my mother's face and exposing her wet skin and blotchy red eyes that held so much pain and sorrow for her missing daughter.

Nothing prepares you for when you see your mother like this...nothing will ever prepare you for something like that.

"Mom..." I whispered and shuffled closer to her. She seemed to be hypnotized and out of her control, knitting aggressively at the poor pink fabric and stabbing herself with the needles occasionally, leaving small cuts and bruises.

"Mom stop!" I shouted but she was still staring at nothing, her mind completely shut off.

She continued knitting like a crazed robot and pricked her dainty hands more and more, only stabbing her hands harsher. If I didn't stop her soon she is going to seriously hurt herself.

"MOM STOP!" I screamed and shook her shoulders harshly, making her snap out of wherever her mind had drifted off to. She blinked and looked down at her knitted blanket she was angrily sewing a second ago, she studied it and whimpered when she saw a drop of dark red blood, soaking itself into the soft wool.

She screamed at the top of her lungs and a glass of water fell off the table and smash on the floor from her ear-piercing scream. I was horrified at my possessed mother that has now gone crazy and a harm to herself.

She furiously tried to scrub away the blood that dripped onto the blanket, but it didn't work, she tried and tried but the blood stained the blanket permanently and she was livid with herself.

"NOOOOO!" She screamed and threw the blanket against the closet door and it fell into the trash. She grabbed the knitting needles and went to stab both her eyes with them but luckily, I stopped her before that happened. I pried the needles away from her hands and threw them on the floor, far away from my mother's reach. I grabbed her wrists and pulled them over her head and pinned her down.

"MOM STOP IT!" I shouted, trying to scream some sense into her head. She thrashed around in my arms and I was beginning to think a demon has possessed my mother's body because what she was doing wasn't normal and she became suddenly stronger than ever. I didn't know if it was adrenaline from being a mother and crying out for her baby or demon possession?

After a few minutes of pinning her down she stopped moving, she cried her eyes out and screamed Amber's name over and over again in pain. It brought tears to my eyes and my body grew weaker at her cries for her little babygirl.

Mom completely stopped moving and stared up at me blankly, she looked like a dead body but with her eyes open and looking dead inside.

She blinked away her tears and opened her trembling mouth to speak.

"Do you know why I was knitting?" she asked very quietly, tears rolling off her ears and wetting her hair. I shook my head silently and my mom kept her blank face, but eyes filled to the brim with pain.

"I was knitting that blanket privately. I was making it for Amber's future baby." She said and wept. I was full on crying again and heard people in the room. My dad and brothers were now with us and listening to each harrowing word our mother was saying. Everyone had tears in their eyes including my father, all listening to our mother's revelation.

"I was going to give it to Amber when she finished her labour, so she can wrap her newborn baby in it. I didn't want the baby to be wrapped in a cheap towel. I wanted the precious bundle of joy to be wrapped in love and care, something this family will shower her in, cherish her little body and tickle her cute little toes." Mom said and started hysterically crying once more but sat up and pulled me into a hug, screaming and crying out all her feelings at once.

I looked over to see my father drop to his knees and cry as well, holding his head in his hands and sobbed like I didn't earlier. Grey and Dylan cried with him and held each other close. Each soaking the carpet with each family members tears.

Isaac got up and dug the blanket out from the trash and held it close to him, tying a loose knot in the fabric so it didn't unravel and fall apart. He folded it up and placed it in the closet safely, knowing my mother would eventually finish the blanket and get rid of the stain for her future grandchild.

I held my mother closer and stroked her damp hair, it was greying in some areas which was weird because she has always had pure chestnut brown hair, the exact same as Amber's. Her hair was greying probably from stress or old age, but my mother isn't old at fifty so it's surely stress.

All you could hear in the room was the sound of tears and sobbing from each of us, it was a horrible feeling knowing each person I care about is practically cut in half and feels empty and depressed from Amber's disappearance. I hope one day that Amber comes home safely and fixes this family back together again with her hugs and kisses.

I lower my mouth to my mother's ear and speak the words I know she and everyone else needs to hear. "You will get your baby back soon, I promise."

*****

Bit of a depressing chapter and I'm sorry for that!

My heart goes out to Amber's poor mother that is still crying her eyes out! I felt so sad when writing about her.

Only two questions for today people....

Do you think Amber will grow up and realise she is tearing this family apart and stop her new crazy lifestyle?

Do you want Finnick and Amber's baby wrapped up in that knitted blanket?

Leave your comments!