"Thank you." 

She raised her arm and prepared to fire her shot, but the second she did it, she already got some side comments from her brother.

"Your arm's too high, no wonder your aim's off. And don't grasp the arrow too tightly." James suggested, observing her stance.

Allie bit back an annoying remark and decided to listen to her brother's instructions instead. She lowered her arm a little bit, "Like this?" she asked.

James walked closer, just a bit behind her and scrutinized his eyes to get in line with the target in front. "Yeah, and loosened your grip on the fingers a bit."

She followed his orders.

"There," he said. "Now take a deep breath, pull back one more time to gain momentum and release right after."

Allie closed her eyes the same time she took in an intake of breath; slowly dragging her right arm forward, before opening her eyes and preparing to drag it back in a sudden motion.

However, the second she opened her eyes, she saw a face that was enough to send her into a nervous wreck.

"Shit," In the process, she dragged her arm back hard enough to hit James straight in the chest. She quickly turned to him once she heard him grunt in pain. "I'm sorry!"

"Language," he still managed to say despite in pain.

"I got distracted, sorry. I'm sorry." Allie bit her lip in embarrassment.

James caught a sight of a guy just outside the entrance of the training room and he quickly figured out the cause of it all. He glanced at his sister with a knowing look, "I can see that,"

Allie glanced back and saw Lucas enter the room and quickly tore his gaze away from him. "Oh God, why is he here?"

He continued to rub his chest to shake off the pain, "Probably because he works here but hey, what do I know?"

"Smartass." Allie retorted, slightly fidgeting in her place and stealing glances back at the guy who was now currently talking to their Uncle Clint.

James followed her gaze, then back at her sister. He tilted his head sideways, observing his sister for a moment before crossing his arms. "Huh, well, what do we have here."

"What?" Allie asked, bemused.

"Seems like we have a case," he smirked.

"What are you talking about?"

He so much only gave her an teasing smirk. "Nothing, sis. Nothing." 

He glanced back at Lucas and Allie followed his gaze. She seemed to realize what he was talking about.

"James, it's not—" Her brother suddenly flicked her on the forehead, cutting off what she was about to say. "Ow—what was that for?" 

"James! Allie!" Both turned to the voice of their Uncle Clint who was nodding them to come over. "I'd like you to meet someone."

From the corner of his eye, James could see Allie stiffened when Lucas looked in their direction. He gave her a shove on the back to knock her out of her senses. 

He snickered, "Just go, Als. He won't bite." Before his tone suddenly went dead serious, "I'll beat the day out of him if he ever does."

Allie pinched him in the shoulder.

"Ow! Ow!" he hissed.

 "Violence is not the answer."

"It is if he ever tries to lay a finger on my sister." James said, rubbing his shoulder this time.