Chapter 1: Evadere

Start from the beginning

"I'm never going back!" you hissed sharply, still walking back. Your back scraped against the rough bark of a tree and your heart stopped for a second.

You were stuck.

The dog barked, causing you to flinch. The man sighed and ran a hand though his hair,

"I really didn't want to do this. But I have to bring you back one way or another." he said, a hint of boredom creeping into his voice. In a flash, he whipped out a polished silver revolver, pointing it at you. With a satisfying click, he drew back the hammer,
"I'll give you three chances; come home, Y/n."

You defiantly clenched your fists,
"I already said no." you shot back. You made a move to get away but the hound jumped in front of your path, barking and bearing it's teeth fiercely. At the same time, a single shot echoed through the forest and you froze as the bullet struck the tree that you were backed up against, centimeters from your head. The man drew the hammer back again and loaded another bullet into place, never once removing his piercing amber gaze from your face.

"Strike one; please come home Y/n..." he asked again, a little more irritation entering his tone.

"No and no! I already said no! Just leave me alone!" you cried, hoping for some mercy from him. The stranger didn't even flinch at your desperate cries and pulled the trigger. The bullet bit and stung your skin and muscle as it ripped through your flannel and buried itself in your shoulder. A sharp cry escaped your lips and you sunk down, hands fumbling to find the wound. Hot, thick fluids began to drip down your body, staining your clothes as the man walked up slowly to you, his eyes burning with sickening satisfaction at your pain. You grit your teeth and moaned, trying to block out the numbness that crept at the edge of your conscious.

"Doesn't it hurt?" the man sneered, crouching down so he was eye level with you. Your breath came in ragged gasps as you glared daggers at the son of a biscuit in front of you. He grinned and lifted the revolver, digging it into your wounded shoulder cruelly. You screamed as the pain flared harshly, feeling as if flames were consuming your entire upper body.

And he just stared at you hungrily.

He licked his lips and leaned in close to your trembling form, "And now, you will come home nice and sweet. Won't you, my little mana flower?" he whispered in your ear, his breath hot and raspy. You shivered uncontrollably, the pain and exhaustion so unbearable that your eyes began to flutter shut.

Then there was a blast of light and heat.

Your tormenter screamed and flew back away from you, his dog yelping pitifully as it turned tail and ran into the forest. You gasped and forced your heavy eyelids open. A tall, dark figure stood a little ways in front of you, standing over the amber eyed man, completely surrounded in a ring of what appeared to be white flames.

The man with amber eyes was frozen in terror.

You watched with wide eyes as the newcomer reached down and picked Amber Eyes by the throat, lifting him well of the ground. Amber Eyes gurgled weakly and thrashed his legs in full panic mode as the figure completely dominated him.

"These are sacred grounds, half breed. You dare defy the Sins boundaries?" the figure spoke with a soft yet commanding tone. The 'half breed' tried to shake his head,

"I...! Had not realized...! Your grace...! Please...! Forgive me!" he tried to squeak out. He made a sad whimper as the figure tightened his grip,

"Your insolence is your folly. Such disgusting half breeds like you are what taint the bloodlines of the Sins." the figures soft tone staccato-ed at the words 'half breed'.

"Just...! Let me take my prey....! Please, your grace...! I will not do it again...!" Amber Eyes looked pleadingly at the shadow.

"What ever enters our territory becomes our prey..." the figure replied darkly, "and judging by your appearance, you've had an excessive amount of mana..." His voice dropped to an almost sickening purr. The half breeds eyes seemed to bulge out of his head and he scrabbled feverishly at the hand around his neck,

"Please, no!" he screamed.

His words fell upon deaf ears.

The figure took a deep breath and placed his free hand on the half breeds chest. The half breed kicked and screamed, his eyes suddenly glowing with a white light. The figure drew back his hand and in doing so, seemed to pull a large, white orb out of the half breed, some stray tendrils still sticking to his writhing body. With a quick flick of the wrist, the figure snapped the bonds between the orb and the half breed, the light fading from Amber Eyes instantly. The half breed went limp in the figures grip and withered into a wrinkled mummy, all life sucked out of him.

You wanted to scream.

The figure tossed aside the body absentmindedly and looked at the orb, turning it over in his hands nonchalantly. Then, in one move, he swallowed it, the light disappearing down his throat. He held a hand to his mouth temporarily, as if it was difficult to swallow,

"Blech, half breed mana." he said sourly, stiflingly a belch. You blinked and shivered, everything coming back to you, as you tired to process what happened. Your first instinct was to get up and run, the visuals from what just happened burned permanently in your mind. However, the adrenaline left your body in flash and you slumped back down, your consciousness beginning to slip away. You barley saw the figure walk over to you and crouch down in front of you, a gentle hand brushing back your hair,

"Don't worry. We'll take care of you..."