21:"I didn't think you'd stoop so low."

Start from the beginning

I feel like my whole life has been sucked out of me and I'm weak at the knees.

Because on the big screen, the Beckhams are gone.

And now, I'm looking up at the screen, just to see my own face and Niall's, both in disbelief.

---

Rey's POV

I stare at my face on the screen for what seems like an eternity, but in reality only two seconds pass. I shake my head so the camera man understand I don't want to kiss him, but the 'KISS KISS KISS' screams only get louder and the camera man doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to say.

"He has a girlfriend." I mouth at the screen, hoping someone will end this whole thing.

Everyone is shouting now and my head is about to explode because my anxiety is kicking in, but then I feel a cold hand on my cheek.

I look at Niall and he rolls his eyes before he pulls me to his lips, kissing me. The whole world suddenly goes quiet and the thoughts running through my head, together with my crippling anxiety, are gone. All the fibers of my being are concentrating on the feeling of his lips on mine, and that's it.

My hand comes up to his chest, but before I know it, he puts the kiss to an end, way too soon.

Jake is yelling 'YAS BITCH' in my ear, and I shake my head, trying to act cool just as the game starts.

But I know what I felt and I know he felt it too, but right now he's pretending to be too preoccupied by his phone than to actually say something.

I know he felt what I felt, because you don't kiss someone like that without caring about them. He made my world stop with that kiss, and I know I made his stop as well. You can't hide that.

Apparently, he can fucking hide that, because he doesn't even look at me for the rest of the night, not even when I ask who wants a lift home. So that's that.

When I get home, I grab a pack of crisps from the kitchen and walk upstairs to put a new movie on and get the thoughts about Niall out of my head.

As soon as I open the pack, Jason appears in the doorframe, shooting me a look.

"Get your own crisps." I mumble at him as I shove them into my mouth.

"But Reeeey." He whines, stepping closer.

"Get out of my room." I complain and he looks down at his feet, which are right on the doorstep.

"I'm not in your room." He snickers.

"Go away." I say and Jason rolls his eyes before he walks out of my line of vision.

"Shut the door!" I yell before I let out a frustrated groan when he doesn't. I get up from my bed and go to close the door. After that, I get back into bed and start the movie.

The movie I picked was a bad choice because it was about a couple that had a love/hate type of relationship, and the fact that they ended up together left me depressed.

Once I'm in my pj's, I reply to my WhatsApp messages before I turn off all the lights and get into bed. I turn on my side and put one hand under the pillow, just to feel some papers under it.

As soon as I pull them out from under the pillow to see what it is, I remember that they are a copy of Niall's songs that Lilly gave to me a few weeks ago. I don't bother to turn on the light to look at them, but I can't help but think that he can't write songs like this and not feel anything.

What if they're about Zoe though? They must be.

The thought that he wrote songs for her depresses me even more, so I put them under my bed, far away from my reach, and cuddle up with Bentley who just came into my room, until I fall asleep.