Quidditch (James Potter)

Credits to alessiajontrunfio on tumblr for the pic.

(Y/n) Pov

"I can't." He stated, "Lily flower said that she's gonna jinx my broom and cast some spells on me during the day of the quidditch match. All because of that one time I tried to get a bloody kiss from her."

"And your worried because?.... " I muttered.

"You don't get it (Y/n)," he replied, "Everytime she says she's going to get her revenge on me, it always happens. And everytime it happens, it always turns out bad. And by bad, I mean REAL BAD."

"What makes you say that James?" I questioned.

"Remember the time you told me to ask her out to the Yule Ball?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Well she bloody punched me in the nose the second I asked her." James retorted. "And the very next day, she dyed my hair green, used a spell to make boils form on my skin, and she also managed to make two bloody antlers to appear on my head. WHICH LASTED FOR A BLOODY WEEK!!"

"Why didn't I see it then?" I asked.

"You went back home on break remember?"

"Oh Yeah." I said, "Anyway the point is, you shouldn't be afraid of little things such as that. She's just Lily."

James questioned me angrily, "What do you mean she's 'just' Lily?"

"What I mean, is that Lily would never do such a thing." I stated, "She's my best friend and I know for a fact that she would never do those horrible things to a person.... Well, I don't know about you James bu-"

James cut me off, "That's the point (Y/n). She hates me because, well... umm... I don't know... oh yeah...it's because I'M ME!! AND SHE WILL NEVER LOVE A PERSON LIKE ME!!"

Silence filled the Gryffindor common room except for James who began sobbing.

"Well... umm... I love you." I uttered.

The James' head shot up immediately after hearing what I said.

Dammit (Y/n)! Come on, think! Think of a good excuse. Think.

"Well what I meant is that I love you as a friend. No. As a best friend and ummm... It's not that I don't like you..... I mean.... I really like you and uhhh-"

Before I could even finish my (horrible) explanation, he brushed his lips against mine. Then everything went even more silent than it was a while ago.

"Umm.... I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. Instead I told you to ask her out cause I thought if you two were together, then the feelings that I have might go away eventually..... But I was wrong,"  I started crying as well, "I only grew jealous because you were always trying to get her attention and not mine. You were always with her. You always wanted to steal little kisses from her. You wanted her to be yours."

"I only did that, because I thought you wanted some space from me and I thought if I asked Lily out,.... then you'd be happy."

Then he continued, "I love you too."

Silence

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

Then before I knew it, I was crying my whole heart out. Just because of a certain James Potter.

"Hey (Y/n/n) don't cry," James cooed while caressing my cheek. "I love you. I love you very much."

After that, our lips met again.

He was kissing me while trying to wipe away all my tears with his thumbs.

He was very gentle.
It's as if I'm a porcelain doll ready to break again but he won't let me.

Then in that moment I knew. I knew that the man in front of me truly loves me. Loves me for who I really am.

"There." He said softly, "Now where's the smile that I always love to see?"

I gave him the smile that he wanted then uttered a soft thank you.

"You're welcome (Y/n/n)." He smiled wiping a few more tears from my eyes, "Anything for my true love."

"Anyways, will umm.... James, you'll still be playing right? Quidditch?"

"I don't know m'love, I'm just scared of what Evans could do."

"Don't worry, I'll be there and I just know that you'll do great!!" I exclaimed. "I'll be muttering counter-curses just in case. Okay?"

"Alright (Y/n/n). If you say so." James stated.

Timeskip

Cheers and screams filled the air. The colors of red and blue filled the quidditch pitch. I just noticed that this would be the last game of the school year.

Now I get it .... that's why it meant so much to James.

I can see Lily from afar casting her spells on James' broom.

"Don't worry James," I said to myself while muttering my counter-curses

Thank Godric nothing bad happened. Once in a while James' broom might shake here amd there. But aside from everything was brilliant.

Ravenclaw was ahead now however, Gryffindor is not far behind.

"Aaaannndd... JAMES POTTER CATCHES THE SNITCH!!! GRYFFINDOR WINS!! Said the announcer.

"I knew he could do it." I said to myself.

Timeskip

"(Y/l/n)!"

I know that voice.

As I turned around, I saw the infamous brunette giving me a very wide grin.

"I told ya so." I smiled

"Yeah," he sighed while giving me a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks for everything m'love!"