Prologue

November 8th.
1743

"Alexa! Open your door!"

"Alexa! Right now!"

I woke up to someone screaming on the other side of my bedroom door.

"Alexa, wake up!"

Adrenaline rushed through my body. I recognized the voice, and so I opened my door as soon as I could. As soon as my door creaked open, someone firmly grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside my room.

"We need to hurry. They're taking over the castle," Angelina hissed. The woman's face had turned bright red, her hair sticking in every direction possible. Her voice was low and raspy. She both sounded and looked like she just woke up.

"They? Who are they?" My voice sounded weak, laced with fear. I was beyond scared. I had never seen Angelina so stressed and scared before. She usely remained her calm self; something I always envied her for.

She continued to drag me along the long hallways. I hadn't noticed the candle in her other hand until I realized the other candles in the hallway weren't lit on fire. It was insanely silent, and it wasn't giving me a good vibe.

"The heretics, the rebels! They're infiltrating our entire staff, the castle," she whispered, trying to remain as quiet as possible.

"Where-," I started, but something cut me off. Someone cut me off.

A loud scream erupted from the other side of the hallway. My father's chamber. My entire body started to quiver, feeling fluids coming up to my throat.

"Honey, honey! Look at me! We need to move!"

"No, no- my father he-, he- he," I started but I couldn't finish. Tears started to well up, but I quickly blinked them away. Crying won't get me anywhere, I knew.

A loud crash was heard, and more shouting followed. Not only my father's voice was heard, but soon enough I heard voices I didn't recognize. The rebels.  I couldn't help him, and I knew it.

Angelina adjusted her grip on my wrist and dragged me along. She stopped in front of a wall and grasped the torch holder that was attached to the wall. She let go of my wrist and firmly grabbed the torch holder with both her hands. She spinned it into a circle and then let it go. She pushed against the wall, and as if it was magically enchanted, it opened in front of our eyes.

Behind the door was darkness. And before I knew it, Angelina dragged me into it.

+

hi there! welcome to my story!
just a heads up:
i. english is not my first language so I apologize if the grammar is shit. Please correct me (in a nice way)
ii. this story takes place around the 1700's HOWEVER i am not a historical genius so im sorry if things are not correct
iii. also this isnt an actual kingdom, i made it up so there wont be any france, england, spain shit in here cuz i think the story would loose its magic
iv. no theres nothing like witches, warlocks, dragons, fairies etc. This isnt like game of thrones!!! more like Reign (also got inspired by it)

Warnings;
i. contains mature themes such as sexual scenes, mature language, violence etc so dont read if youre not comfortable
ii. i update insanely slowly since im in college and i dont have the time to just whip out a chapter
iii. I s2g if i see someone stealing my plot i will legit hunt you down. this plot took me so much time to figure out sjsjjss so u better fûckin dont

Enjoy! <3