The Note

George Imagine:

Your lips parted as the last note of the song escaped you, your beautiful voice gently ringing throughout the club. The audience applauded you and your band, providing you with a standing ovation. You smiled widely as you and your band mates bowed, thanking the crowd, the cheers sending you a joyful wave.

You glanced behind you to look at your band mates and offered them a large grin. "Well done, you lot! We're a hit!" you said eagerly.

Once the cheers had died down and the club began to empty, you were helping your band mates pack up their instruments. Though you were tired, you still wore the satisfied smile from before.

"That was a remarkable performance, love," a voice said behind you.

You turned around, where you saw two handsome and familiar young men standing with warm smiles.

"Thank you, Paul," you replied gratefully. "The Beatles were wonderful too. Well... of course they were." You sheepishly grinned at the two boys.

"Cheers, Y/N," Ringo chuckled. "But we were nothing compared to your performance."

"Of course," Paul agreed, giving you his signature wink. "Your voice is absolutely stunning. You may need to give us some vocal lessons."

You felt your cheeks burn red and your eyes widen. You seemed to have lost your voice, for you didn't reply. Are they... flirting with me?

"Cat got your tongue, love?" Ringo teased.

"No," you finally said with a small smile. "Thank you... both of you. But it really was nothing. I mean, The Beatles are really..."

Your voice trailed off. Your eyes had wandered over to the corner of the club, where you spotted a certain Beatle standing alone, his back leaned against the wall, his hands shoved deeply into the pockets of his jeans, quietly waiting for his friends to finish up. His expression was intense, as it normally was. Or perhaps that's how you saw it... It had to be his eyes - his mysterious dark brown eyes - that provided that look of intensity.

It was George. You always had a crush on him. A lot of the girls loved Paul, for he was known as the "cute Beatle". He was charming and indeed handsome. You could see why the girls adored him.

But there was something about George that intrigued you so. His silence... his sharp, dark eyes... his smooth dark hair... What was it?

He noticed you looking at him. You locked eyes with him, his expression never changing. You felt your breathing hitch slightly.

"Y/N?"

You blinked and glanced back up at Ringo and Paul, who were both staring at you, each with an eyebrow raised.

"Are you alright?" Ringo asked. "You spaced out. Is something wrong?"

"Hm? Oh, no," you replied with an apologetic smile. "Not at all. Sorry."

"Well, as much as we enjoyed talking with you, we really should finish packing up," Paul said with a sigh. "John isn't looking too happy right now."

"We'll see you soon, Y/N... Hopefully, very soon," Ringo grinned.

"Bye," you replied as they walked back over to an annoyed looking John.

You tore your eyes away from them and focused them back on George, who was still standing by the corner, his gaze now glued to the ground.

Chewing on your lower lip, you slowly made your way towards him, your legs suddenly feeling like jelly. Your heart raced at a fast rate in your chest, like you had just ran a marathon. Taking a deep breath, you stood in front of George, who didn't seem to notice you standing there.

"Uh... Hi," you squeaked.

"Hello, Y/N," George responded quietly.

Fiddling with your hands nervously, you said, "Why are you standing here all alone? Are you okay?"

He nodded, his eyes finally lifting up to meet yours. "I'm fine. Don't worry." He paused momentarily, then added with a faint blush, "You were very good today. You're very talented."

Redness dusted your already pink cheeks. "Not as good as you," you mumbled.

George grinned at this. "Thank you, but I don't think so," he chuckled. "You're really modest. I don't think you realize just how good you are. Don't you hear yourself?"

Your face was impossibly red now, like a tomato. You were utterly flattered.

"You're very sweet, George," you said quietly.

"And you're very beautiful, Y/N," he smiled.

That sentence caught you off guard. You quickly looked away from him, hiding your ridiculously red - almost purple - cheeks.

Just as you were about to thank him, John called, "Georgie! We're all set. Let's get going."

George sighed. "Coming!" he called back.

You wouldn't admit it, but you were disappointed that your conversation had to end so soon. "It was good talking to you, George," you said.

"You too, Y/N," George replied.

After bidding each other goodbye, he and the other three exited the club. As you were getting ready to leave yourself, a neatly folded piece of paper slipped out of your pocket, which went unnoticed by you.

"Y/N?" one of your band mates said, bending down to pick up the paper. "Is this yours? It fell out of your pocket."

Knitting your eyebrows in confusion, you took the paper and carefully unfolded it. Your eyes widened.

Will you, Y/N, do me the honour of going on a date with me tomorrow night?
George Harrison

"What is it?" your band mate questioned when he noticed your wide eyes.

Your shock quickly morphed into happiness. You had to contain your squeal of excitement as you turned back to your band mate.

"I'm gonna have to skip practice tomorrow," you said brightly, shoving the note back into your pocket and exiting the club, leaving your band mate to stand there in confusion.

Yes George.

I would love nothing more.

Requested by @Let_It_Beatles! Sorry it took me so long... again. I hate school XD
Hope you enjoyed!