Chapter 22

I woke up in a position similar to the one from the previous morning: in the arms of Sweet Pea. We left Pop's at around 2:00 that morning and walked back to Sweet Pea's trailer. We just sat and talked for another hour util sleep consumed the both of us, and we naturally ended up in eachothers arms.

    Today was Saturday, and although I was excited for the weekend, we were still required clean the graffiti off of Riverdale High. We agreed to meet there at noon, so I grabbed my phone to check the time. 10:48. I sat up, careful not to disrupt the large boy sleeping beside me, and stretched out; my back was slightly uncomfortable from sharing the small, lumpy couch with Sweet Pea, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

    I looked down at Sweet Pea, and I wondered what he was dreaming about. His face was soft, contrasting the hard look that usually consumed it, and he looked more peaceful than I had ever seen him before. I leaned down, placing a gentle kiss on the top of his head, and he began to stir.

    "Good morning, sleepy head," I whispered, giggling softly at his bed head and the confused expression on his newly awoken face.

    "What time is it?" he asked in a deep, gravelly tone. His morning voice was something I could get used to.

    "It's almost 11:00. We should probably get up; we have to be at Riverdale High in an hour," I replied, standing up and stretching a bit more. He just groaned and buried his face back into the couch, clearly unmotivated to start his day. I openly chuckled at his childish actions which just made him groan even louder.

"Stop whining and get up," I chirped, tossing a pillow at him; due to my lack of aim, however, the pillow that I intended to hit his back instead flew directly into his head. His head then snapped up, glaring at me with a devilish grin.

"Sweets, I am so sorry," I giggled, backing up as he got off of the couch and began slowly walking towards me menacingly, "I didn't mean to hit you in the head".

Then, in one fluid movement, Sweet Pea hopped over the small coffee table, scooped me up in his arms, and threw me over his shoulder causing me to squeal in response. He ran all over the small living space: first to the kitchen, then down the hall, and then back into the living room.

"Put me down!" I shrieked, pounding my fists on the back of his broad shoulders, but it did nothing to slow him down. He spun around quickly a few times laughing as he did so and making us both dizzy in the process. Finally, he plopped me down on the couch and fell down next to me. We were both struggling to contain our laughter, but it eventually subsided leaving us in silence. We looked at each other lovingly until Sweet Pea leaned in, leaving a lingering kiss on my lips before getting up and walking to the kitchen.

"How do pancakes sound?" he asked, pulling out a pan and some pancake mix from the cupboard.

"Pancakes sound perfect," I replied with a smile, pushing myself off of the couch to help.

*    *    *

It was a little after noon by the time we reached Riverdale High, and Toni, Jughead, and Fangs were already there speaking with Mr. Weatherbee and the janitor. Weatherbee turned his attention towards us as we approached the small crowd.

"Nice of you to join us this afternoon," he greeted in a slightly snarky tone. I could see Sweet Pea roll his eyes at the rude way Mr. Weatherbee addressed us, but I just gave our principal a small smile. We were already in trouble, so I didn't want to make things worse by responding with a sassy remark.

"As I was saying," Mr. Weatherbee continued as he turned to face the janitor standing beside him, "Mr. Taylor here has all of the supplies you will need to clean the building. I expect that this will be done before I come back later tonight; if it isn't, you will all be returning tomorrow to finish the rest". With that, he turned towards the parking lot and made his way to his car, leaving us with Mr. Taylor and a cart of cleaning supplies.