Chapter Two

"Sure." Bella replied as she wiped tears off of her face. She really didn't feel like helping out a new student today, but her parents raised her to be kind to everyone so, she did it anyway. Still the hallway felt a little lonelier without Rowan, the only person she'd talk to.  Bella quickly walked to the office, she wanted to get this over with.

    She opened the office doors to find a pale boy sitting in the chair across from the principal, Mrs. Folkes's desk, "Hello Bella. This is Carson Walker." She smiled, "Bella will show you around." She said to Carson, "Thank you." He said as he stood up to face Bella, "Hi Carson Walker." He said as he held out his hand, "I'm a foreign exchange student from England." Bella shook his hand, "Bella Doe, um... we have the same schedule so, I'll show you around." Bella said sheepishly. She was a shy girl, and it didn't help that Carson was pretty good looking. He had red hair, freckles, straight, white teeth, and he was taller than Bella, he had to be at least six feet tall compared to her five foot five height, "Follow me." Bella said as she held the door open for him.

    When the two were far away from the office she said, "Warning. Keep your head down, don't talk that much, and get a tan."

    "Why?" Carson asked

    "Because being a foreign exchange student isn't something to flaunt around here. Being different will give you a front row seat to being jumped." She replied matter of factly

    "What's wrong with being different?" He smirked

    "Nothing in my opinion but around here no one leaves. Everyone knows everyone and they don't take new people kindly." She finished as she knocked on Ms. Rhen's door, "Good luck."

    "Hello Mr. Walker!" Ms. Rhen said motioning for them to come inside. Bella quickly sat down in her seat while Carson stood in the front of the class, "Class attention! This is Carson Walker a foreign exchange student from England. He will be here for the rest of the year. Is there anything that you would like to add?" Ms. Rhen asked Carson. He shook his head no, "Alright. Why don't you sit beside Bella?" Ms. Rhen asked as she motioned to Rowan's desk. Bella felt as if a dagger was just stabbed through her heart, "Did Ms. Rhen loose hope of finding Rowan?!" Bella couldn't help but think. She felt her face flush as he sat down beside her. The rest of the day went on the same as usual, it stuck to the same routine. The only difference was the hallway's feeling and having Carson, almost like a shadow, following her.

    Lunch came around and as usual Bella sat alone. Rowan would sit with her, but she's gone. Bella got her disgusting school food and sat back down. Carson walked over, "Hey Bella. Can I sit with you?" He asked partly shouting due to the noise and chaos that filled the cafeteria, she nodded and he sat down beside her, "You were right about the warnings."

    "What did he say?" She asked

    "How'd you know that it was a boy?" He asked 

    "His name's George Ben. Bullied me from first to eighth grade. His parents are of the few "upper class" people that live here." She said looking at her lunch tray, she could feel his icy blue eyes on her.

    "Sorry." Carson said

    "Don't be. Anyway, what did he say?"

    "He told me to go eat my tea and crumpets back in the mother land." Bella giggled, "What's so funny?"

    "It's funny when a British person says tea and crumpets." She replied still giggling

    "Hardy har har. It's also funny when American people say Yee-haa when ever they ride steeds." Carson said

    "Wow. You're the quick thinking kind?" Bella said impressed

    "What do you mean?"

    "Boys here are either wimps or fighters. Either they fight straight away or cower in fear and run."

    "We'll, We'll, We'll." Said a voice that startled both of them, it was George.