CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Depuis le début

The two chuckled in unison before their laughter died down, leaving a atmosphere of gentle comfort. Valencia longed for warmth, and gentle hands that caressed her skin tenderly. Jon Snow had been so gentle with her, every movement, touch and kiss he presented her with dabbled with a softness she thought was only in the stories.

She shook her head, trying to ignore her constant thoughts of Jon Snow and moved to her wardrobe, changing into her night dress before collapsing on her bed.

Robb soon joined her, lying in his usual spot as Valencia rolled onto her side and faced him, her gentle eyes meeting his dazzling blue. Then, she did something she hadn't done before. She cuddled up to him.

Never had she done this, it was always Robb who threw an arm around her, or held her close when she was shivering. But never once did Valencia ever return to affection, in fact, on more than one occasion she pushed him away. But lately, with his kindness towards her bleeding, the day they spent together and his worry for her health, Valencia pooled at his kindness.

She draped an arm around him, her fingers lighter than air tracing soft patterns on his skin as she cuddled up against him, resting her head next to his bent shoulder. She watched Robb as he breathed in and out slowly before abruptly, he grabbed hold of her and rolled onto his back, pulling her flush against him.
Gasping, Valencia tumbled to the point her arm was still around him, but her leg was hiked around his waist, her head now lifted above his shoulder. Unfortunately, as Robb pulled her on top of him, he pulled a little too hard, resulting in her stomach flaming in pain. "A little warning next time," she laughed ignoring the sting in her belly.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" Robb asked, his hand lowering and touching her tender stomach.

Valencia shook her head, grasping his hand, "no, it's fine."

He didn't seem convinced, but he allowed her to remain as fiercely stubborn as she was. "Are you truly alright?" He asked once more, "after tonight, I don't want you being hurt again."

The Princess smiled and pressed a soft kiss to his chest. "I'm perfectly fine," she whispered, leaning down and resting her sore head on his warm skin. She yawned lightly and tightened her grip around him.

"Are you sure?" Pressed Robb, she nodded in response. "I just worry, you know," Robb spoke, his hand lying in her hair, gently stroking the thick, black curls.

"I know," she replied her eyes still shut.

"And you know I won't let anything happen to you, right?"

Valencia nodded again, sleep beginning to snatch her consciousness. Robb leant down, continuing to stroke her hair, feelings of pure warmth washing over him. The horrors of the night were flushed away by the simpleness of Valencia's touch and words, for Robb believed she was finally gaining feelings for him. He hoped she was, for he longed for her to return the feelings he so lovingly had.

But Valencia did not love him, she didn't even think of him romantically. She enjoyed his physical touch and the warmth he brought her, but no matter how hard she forced herself to care for Robb in the slightest, Jon Snow interrupted her mind. She hated how she was still in love with Jon, she hated it, but he had made his way into her heart with snowflake kisses and long walks in the moors. Jon Snow held her heart.

Valencia didn't want to love Jon anymore, he was not her husband, she would not spend the rest of her days with him.

But she would with Robb, and even though she felt no love for him, perhaps one day she could.

They were married after all.

~~~

THE GODS WOOD SMELT OF FRESH RAIN. Damp, moist and wet the Godswood felt. Valencia stood at the heart tree, dressed in pants, tunic and her wolf cloak. Her mother-by-law had finally decided to leave Bran's room after the attack, convinced that his son's direwolf would protect her son fiercely.
However, due to the attack a conspiracy arose. For Catelyn Stark believed the Lannister's sent an assassin to kill her boy.