Chapter 15

"Astrid?!" Kana, Gray's grandmother, asked in a confused voice as she opened the door to let me in.

I don't blame her – she was probably wondering why I had come so early in the morning and why I was in this stupid dress. I probably looked like crap too after sprinting here all the way from Gray's and with this huge goddamn bandage on my neck.

"I'm sorry for coming over so suddenly. I-It's an emergency" I mumbled as she enveloped me in a bear hug. I winced; the bear hug intensified the pain I was already in.

"What's wrong? Oh no...not you too!" she cried as she gently lifted the bandage on my neck to reveal the damn bite mark. I flushed with chagrin and looked away deeply embarrassed. From the look on her face I could tell she was totally getting the wrong idea.

Well if she thought me getting marked was bad wait till she found out it was her beloved grandson who had done this to me!

"Aw Nana it's not like that!" I whined as she gave me the disapproving adult look complete with raised eyebrow and dropped jaw. Even though she wasn't related to me I still called her Nana as did nearly everyone in the pack just because it was cute and rhymed with her real name.

After her husband had died she had become the elder of the pack and she was half witch so she had healing powers. That was probably why she looked so tired; with her powers and with her being the pack elder dozens of couples from last night who had marked each other had probably come to see her for her blessing on their relationship – and from what I'd seen last night a lot of couples had marked each other. I hoped she didn't think I had come to do anything like that or else she would be deeply disappointed.

Argh, just thinking about that jackass made my blood boil. It's lucky that Kana knows a way to reverse this or else I wouldn't of ran away like that – I would've killed him as soon as I found out he marked me. But thankfully Kana could fix whatever this was – that's why I'm here.

"So tell me then. What..." she started before trailing off and staring at my mark wide-eyed. "Gray did this?!" she screamed ecstatically as she tilted my head to the side to further examine the semi-healed wound.

How could she possibly know it was his mark?! Sure I probably stank off him after he rubbed his disgusting scent all over me but still...oh crap! Does that mean Kai and Chris and Sophia will find out too?! And Zander...I nearly had a heart attack just thinking about him finding out.

What would he do?! This was not meant to be how it happened! I was planning on keeping this a secret till Nana fixed me and then I could just forget about it – it's not exactly like it was something to shout about! Argh, just when I thought life couldn't possibly get shitter!

"Astrid calm down, you're hyperventilating!" Kana shrieked from beside me, pulling me out of my mini panic attack. I turned my head to stare and her and saw my own worried, wide eyed face staring back at me in her dark eyes - I looked as if I'd just seen a ghost or something.

"Please tell me you can fix this Nana. I-I don't want anyone to find out!" I blurted out in a frenzy to stop her little happy dance. Her face fell as soon as the words left my mouth and I immediately felt bad for it. She had probably been over the moon a second ago seeing as she had always wanted me and Gray to end up together and it looked as if I had just broken her heart by rejecting his mark. I just hoped she would understand when she heard the full story...

"W-Why wouldn't you want him to mark you? I thought you'd be happy...you like him don't you?" she asked in a deeply perplexed voice. I blushed and shook my head quickly denying it. Me – like Grayson?! Never!