As if on cue, Jordyn turned to look at her, and a huge grin slowly spread on her face. "Sapphire! You're already here!"

No shit. Sapphire thought, but completely held herself back from actually saying it. That wouldn't look good.

And then finally, once Jordyn squealed out Sapphire's name, the asian boy finally turned to look at Sapphire for the first time since she arrived.

"S!" Sean immediately stood up from his seat, and walked over to where Sapphire was to give her a half hug while he's standing up. "You never texted."

"Yeah, well I did." Sapphire couldn't help but let bitterness seep in her voice.

Sean looked genuinely surprised, immediately pulling out his phone. And then his face completely morphed into an expression that said 'oh'.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't notice, S." Sean kissed her head. "We got really busy."

"Well, yeah sure." Sapphire waved him off with her hand, slowly losing her good mood. Stop acting like a fucking stupid girlfriend, Sapphire. "It's fine. No biggie."

But the boy stared at her with crinkled eyebrows, looking at her with a questioning look that meant he didn't believe what Sapphire said.

"I promise, I wa--"

"And I said okay, Sean, it's fine." Sapphire sighed before turning away from the boy. "I'll talk to you later."

Sean didn't know what got into Sapphire or what he did to put her into such a bad mood, but he decided to give her a little space before things escalated for the worse.

"Oh, okay. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

Sapphire only smiled shortly, before turning back to Kaycee and Bailey who were looking at her with confused looks.

Sean didn't want to walk away from her or anything, but standing awkwardly behind her wouldn't do it too. So, he slowly stepped away and went back to his seat, but his stare remained on the girl who stole sneaky glances at him every once in a while.

"What exactly crawled up your ass in milliseconds?" Bailey whispered to the girl once Sean left.

"Nothing." Sapphure's tone was clipped, obviously annoyed to even talk about it.

"Uh, okay?" Kaycee awkwardly laughed, before turning to Josh who asked her a question.

Sapphire was eating the food that was already placed moments ago infront of her, when her phone suddenly buzzed in her pocket, signalling a message.

Text Message
shamu!! | sapphire

shamu
you okay?

sapphire
yeah, i already told u that

shamu
nope no and no
it's clear that something's bothering you, sapphire
we'll talk later

sapphire
sure

shamu
sapphire

sapphire
i said sure?? what else do u want??

shamu
why are you so mad today, babe?
did i do something wrong?

sapphire
🙄🙄🙄

shamu
yep we'll be talking later

sapphire
and i'll be sleeping. go back to jordyn, sean

shamu
AHHH
i see what this is
🤢🤢🤢
[read]

Sapphire rolled her eyes at his text, completely understanding why he replied with the green emoji.

She was not jealous.

Or that's what she wanted to believe.

She mentally chided herself for being such a stupid girlfriend with high hormones, and overly sensitive nerves that immediately get set off when Sean gets close to Jordyn. Sean already said that they were just close friends, nothing more and nothing less.

But Sapphire still can't help but feel something iffy on the inside.

Sapphire caught Sean's eye when she tried sneaking a glance at him and Jordyn, and she didn't dare break eye contact. Even though Sean was teasing her through the way his eyes squinted in a mocking way.

"I love you," he mouthed cheekily with a wink.

"I don't," Sapphire replied, rolling her eyes once again. A smile was urging to spread on her face, but she bit her lip to suppress it.

Suddenly, her phone beeped again but it was an Instagram notification.

"@seanlew mentioned you in a story"

She shot a confusing glance at the boy who purposely annoyed her this time, and she huffed, sliding open her phone to Instagram instead.

Sapphire can't help but actually let a smile spread her face.

"SEAPPHIRE IS CHEESING TODAY!" Josh suddenly hollered from beside Kaycee, and everyone else laughed.

"My favorite couple? I think yes." Bailey laughed, looking at Sean's story.

And Sapphire can't help but resemble the marinara sauce's color while Sean stared adoringly her way while sneakily taking a picture of her. Of course, he always liked to take pictures of her when she wasn't looking.

She always looked pretty in his eyes, and she'll never know it.

"Someone give me a boyfriend already," Lexee whined, replying to Sean's story with thousands of middle finger emojis. "I feel so single."

"Well, I do too." Jordyn snorted, highfiving Lexee. "But soon enough, I won't be."

Everyone's ears suddenly perked up, even Sapphire (even though she won't admit it). It wasn't long ago when Jordyn broke up with her boyfriend, and was rumoured to be with Sean.

"Who is it? Who is it?" Charlize excitedly prodded on, "you never told us!"

"It's a secret." Jordyn took a sip from her juice as a light brush of pink colored her cheeks.

"Hint!" Tati squealed, clapping her hands at the tea that's going to be spilled.

Jordyn feigned a thinking face before laughing and saying, "well, he's a dancer, and I was very close with him before."

Sapphire was back to being deflated and moody.

"Is he with us?" Bailey, oblivious to how obvious it is, sparkled her eyes at how exciting the information is.

Jordyn shrugged, "could be."

Sapphire wanted to burst then and there, but all she could do was harshly shove a spoon of cheesecake inside her mouth.

this week and next week will be hectic for me soooo idk if im gonna update in those times 😭 we're going to have our exams im:not reAdy to die