Walking Together (crush x shy!reader)

Y/n's pov
Sunday morning. So relaxing, nothing to worry about. I was going to the market to buy some books. When suddenly

"Meow!"
"Aaaah!!!" I jumped back and fell on my butt.
"I am so sorry mis- y/n?"

I looked up to see c/n holding the kitten in one hand. With the other he grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

C/n was my long time crush and we have been classmates for about 3 years till now. He always started the conversation, I never got a chance though. I was shy and whenever I would see him, I would just get so worked up. So I was never able to confess to him.

I blushed thinking about it. He smiled and held up the kitten for me to see.

It was brown in colour and had big green eyes. It was so CUTE. It looked just like c/n.

"I-its cute..." I stammered.
"I know right? I found it a couple of days ago in a bush next to a park gate.  I brought it with me today while I was going to get some cat food from the market."
"M-me too." I said trying to hide my blush that kept on creeping onto my face.
"Really? Let's go together then!" He happily cheered.
I nodded, unable to say anything.
We started walking toward the market.

C/n decided to break the silence.
"Hey y/n?"
"Y-yeah?"
"C/b/n told me that you like me. Is it true?"
"..." I stopped dead in my tracks. How did he know? I didn't tell anyone, not even b/n. Is it THAT obvious????

C/n turned towards me and held my left hand. He smiled.
"I like you too."
"Y-you d-do?" I asked surprised. My heart was thumping real hard.

"Yep!" And with that he gave me a quick peck on my cheek and started running toward the market.

I touched my cheek and smiled.
"I'll get you for that!!"