Chapter 14: Was I Drooling?

***Annabeth's POV***

If I had to fall to my death, at least it could be with the boy I love. It was like Tartarus over again except this time I wasn't scared. I knew what would happen when I hit the water. Percy was unconscious, I would get no help from him, and unless we were back in America, Poseidon wouldn't take notice of us. How ironic, Percy, Poseidon's most prized son, is hurtling towards the water where he will die. I bet the gods will have a good laugh about that.

Time slowed down. I grabbed Percy and held on for dear life to Blackjack's mane. We were in the middle of the ocean, in the distance the sun was just beginning to rise, a beautiful scene to remember as I die.

I must be going to delirious because the sun seems to come closer and faster to me. It starts to warm my skin and them burn it. Then the sun turns into a bright, yellow convertible. "Apollo?" I say in disbelief.

"The one and only," he slides the car under us and opens the roof letting us fall right in. I'm not sure how but Blackjack fits right in too.

"Oh Apollo! Thank you so much!" I cry throwing my arms around him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "You saved us! Thank you!"

"Kid it was no problem. I'm always one to help out a demigod. Especially ones who saved our godly butts a few times, just don't tell Zeus that. He's a little proud of himself." I laugh with the relief of being alive. "I also needed your help with something."

"Apollo!"

"I just saved you from falling into the ocean. You can help me with this one thing. I've got a kid down in Nashville. Just make sure you get her safely to camp. All my kids are special to me. Plus this one can sing."

"Oh joy, but yes. We'll send a satyr as soon as we can, now that we're alive and all."

"We?"

"Yeah. Me and Percy. Wait, Percy! He got stabbed and I think it was poisonous and we have to hurry!" I had gotten so caught up in relief that I forgot and the sobs overwhelm me.

"Kid, kid, calm down. We're already back. Don't worry."

"Thank you, thank you so much. Hopefully Will will be able to heal Percy. I can't thank you enough," I sob.

"Oh, no need for that," he says and waves a hand over Percy. "All better now."

"Was it that easy?" I ask.

"Quite simple. Just a little poison in his veins. Already fixed it. About the horse, all he needs is some rest and he'll be fine."

"Apollo! This is more than I could ever ask for," I cry and then whisper, "I'll make sure I sacrifice some nice food for you later and your daughter will be in great hands."

"Yep kid. She better be. Now, I believe that this is your stop," he pulls down on the beach of camp. I crawl out and he snaps his fingers, teleporting Percy and Blackjack onto the beach.

"Apollo thank you so much! You saved my life!"

"I better be going. Call me sometime!" He shouts and roars into the sky in a blaze of heat and light.

"Annabeth?" Someone yells. I turn and find Clarisse. "Where have you been? How did you get here?"

I crack a smile, "We hitched a ride with Apollo. It's a long story and I'm pretty tired. Maybe later. Right now we need to make sure to get Percy to the infirmary. Apollo healed him but we still need to watch him."

"You must be exhausted! You need some sleep Annabeth," she tells me.

"I know. But first I need to watch Percy and make sure he's okay," I reply stubbornly.

"Annabeth give up. I'll get Percy, you need to go sleep."

"No. I'm not leaving him and you won't win," I say, finalizing things.

"Ugh! Fine. You are so stubborn. Help me grab him." We each hold a side of Percy and slowly bring him up the beach and to the infirmary.

After we lie him down in a cot Clarisse tells me to get some sleep. "I won't leave him," I insist.

"Annabeth! I know he would tell you to get sleep and you know it too!" She says and it's true. Percy would never let me hurt myself to save him.

"I can sleep here," I tell her.

"Whatever," Clarisse huffs and pulls over a second cot for me. I fall asleep holding Percy's hand in the cot next to him.

***********

As I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes I look over at Percy. He's so cute when he's sleeping, so peaceful. I get up and run back to my cabin to get changed quickly. I estimate that it's about 7 or so in the morning, Chiron will probably call us down to breakfast soon.

Returning to the cabin I sit down and take Percy's hand again. Just as I hear the horn calling everyone to breakfast, Percy mutters and rolls over, "Annabeth," he says, just like he did in Tartarus when he was almost dead from gorgon poison.

"Oh Percy," I say and wipe away a stray tear.

"Annabeth," he repeats and rolls towards me and then his eyes open.

I take in a sharp breath when I see those gorgeous sea green eyes. "Hey Wise Girl," he says with a smirk. "Have I been drooling again?" He tried to say more but my mouth is already on his, finally shutting him up.