chapter 2

◇one week later◇

Laylas POV

Austin has been nothing but nice to me and hes now my second best friend. But yet everday im falling in love with him more an more. Even though me an Austin are close, I still dont know if there is something else knows about him. I still dont know if hes one of me. He shows signs like pale skin, piercing eyes, incredible sense of smell, etc. Theres something about him that I just cant get enough of.His heart. He has the heart of an angel, hold of a gentle person, and the smile of a god. Austin. Hes the only one that has ever made me feel like this before. Anyway, today was the last day of school an me, Austin, an Crystal are spending the summer at my uncle's lake house in rosewood Philadelphia. I know what your thinking, isnt that prime vamp teratory? Yes it is thats where I was turned actually. I can remember that day as if it were yesterday.

Austins POV

Today me, Layla, and Crystal are driving to rosewood Philadelphia. I know this isnt the best place to spend the summer because its prime vamp teratory but if its with Layla i dont care. Im falling and im falling hard for her. I've only know her for about a week but I dont care. I have been since the day I got turned. Yes I am a vamp. But im not just a vamp, i look at myself as the worst kind of vamp. I'm a reader. If someone were to touch me I can see their past, present, and future. I have seen Laylas past. She was doing great she had good grades, a loving sister, and a best friend she can always count on. Well that was until she was about 13. Then something happened but I dont know what. Anyway me an the girls are ready for the very long and guess who gets to drive. If you guessed Austin Carter Mahone then we have a winner. I like driving but that doesnt mean I like driving from san antonio to rosewood. I have only been to rosewood one other time and it wasnt for a vacation. I along some other vamps from cali and houston had to fight the head of the vamp race. We did win but they werent dead they just went off and I haven't heard from them since. Right now im at Laylas place waiting for them to finish getting ready. What I dont get is that they are getting all dolled up just to go on a car ride because by the time we gt there it will be like 10 at night. "Are you guys done yet!?!" these girls I love them but damn they take F-O-R-E-V-E-R. "Austin you need calm your tits and be paitent!"she giggles at the end. God can I just have her already. Oops thought out loud again. Just as I thought that they both come down. FINALLY THEY HAVE BEEN UP THERE FOR THREE HOURS! Man did Layla look great. She was wearing a red flowy crop top with black floral short shorts, sparkly black vans. Her hair was wavey with a red an black flower in it and she had in black studs with red feather earnings. Dayum was all I could think. "You guys ready now I wanna get on the road before theres traffic." " Yaas Austin were ready." answered Layla. God shes amazing anyone would do anything to have her. But i know she only looks at me as her best friend.  Anyway, we all piled into the car and I started driving. I looked in the review mirror at Layla, she looked amazing.  She was listening to music and was looking out the window the light hit her skin perfectly almost making her sparkle.

*six hours later*

Austins POV

I pulled into a gas station to get gas an some food an drinks. The girls were asleep. "Hey guys wake up." I shook Layla gently and she woke up. "Layla do you need anything?" she looked at and answered sleepily

"mm raspberry iced tea" "okay lay" I walked in and payed for the gas and the girls stuff. After I filled the car we got back on the road and Layla woke up. "hey austin" "hey" I said while she hopped in the passenger seat. "austin?" "yeah?" "what are you thinking about?" she asked. Well to be honest I was thinking about how beautiful she is and the fact im falling in love with her. "how great this summers going to be" she smiled and nodded "yeah i have my two best friends with me and nothing will go wrong" After that we just sat in a comfertable silence. I had one hand free and Layla grabbed it. This is always something we do but this time, it felt..different. I looked at her and she was looking oit the window. I rubbed her hand with my thumb and she relaxed. An hour later we get there and its 2:30 am. Crystal went straight to bed. The house only had three room to sleep in so me and Layla shared a room. " I'll sleep on the floor you get the bed" I told her and she looked down and frowned. "I'm not letting you sleep on the floor you can sleep in the bed I dont mind" she looked up at me. "Okay" she smiled and went to get changed. I just changed into sone sweats and no shirt.

Laylas pov

Me and Austin sleeping in the same bed gave me chills but not bad ones. I changed into yoga shorts and a black t shirt. When I walked back to our room, Austin was laying there shirtless on his phone. 'DAMN' was all I thought. He looked so fine. He saw me and put his phone away. I hopped in bed and looked at him. His hazel eyes met my grey ones. Theres was that connection again. Like ive know him forever. We both layed down and I closed my eyes. Suddenly I feel arms wrap around my waist. It was Austin. I turned around and cuddled into his bare chest. I shivered slightly. "Are you cold?" he asked. "Alittle" he pulled me closer to him and pulled the blanket over us. "Better?" I nodded and he kissed my forehead and we both drifted to sleep in each others embrace.