Lent Part 2

Sorry I haven't updated recently, I've been busy with work.

"Ugh," you groan slightly as you sit in your bedroom. It hasn't even been 24 hours and already you were craving a chocolate bar.
Earlier today at dinner, everyone did a decent job avoiding the indulgences they had given up for Lent since the meeting; although, it didn't help for you that Tony decided to rub in that you had given up chocolate by serving up slices of decadent chocolate cake for desert.

Right now you were lying in your bed, trying to get the scent of amazing looking cake out of your mind. After a minute or two, you throw your hands up in defeat and rummage through one of your bags, finally pulling out a half-eaten bar from your stash.
You stare at the chocolate bar, wanting so badly to take a bite out of it. You could if you wanted to; surveillance cameras were down, and it would hopefully hold you for the rest of Lent.

"No, no, no," you fling the bar back into the bag, "I'm gonna stay strong," you tell yourself. You may not consider yourself totally religious, but you were not about to let your resolve falter and let Tony smugly rub it in for the rest of the year.

Thankfully you heard a knock at your door, which turned out to be a blessing since it took your mind off what you were craving.
Much to your surprise, Vision was on the other side of the door, "Vis, what are you doing here?" you frown slightly. "I wanted to talk about the meeting earlier," Vision explains, "Specifically the part where all of us had to give up a certain indulgence for Lent." "Oh," you were slightly taken aback, "Okay, let's talk about that then." 

"Well," Vision begins, "I was wondering why everyone that was present at the meeting got to give something up for this lengthy amount of time, but no one ever bothered to ask me." "Oh, that's it?" you reply, "Well, Vision, it might have something to do with you being an android, I'm not entirely sure if you have any vices that would be worth giving up for Lent." "The android is only part of who I am," Vision points out, "Surely the human parts of me must of acquired a vice or two since the time I came to be."

"Well, alright then," you nod, "Is there any vices you picked up that you could give up for Lent." "Well...." the android takes a moment to think it through, "I could give up coffee." "Since when do you drink coffee, I never seen you brew so much as one cup?" you frown. "I don't" Vision replies, "but perhaps I could take it up then give it up." "...We'll keep thinking, but that wouldn't be bad for a back up," you decide to move forward, "What else?"
"There is something else," Vision finally suggests, "I could....well, I'm not sure how to put it into words." "Come on, spit it out," you encourage. "I could give up thinking about....it," Vision cryptically answers. "It? Like the horror film?" "No, no, I mean..." at this point you were sure the android was turning redder then you could've possibly imagined, "it....I believe it's what Captain Rogers would've referred to as...late night fondue."

"oh," you finally caught on to what Vision was talking about, "huh, I never imagined you of all people would be thinking...." "Yes, well I admit these thoughts are still fairly new to me," Vision confessed. "You could think of it as a sign, you're becoming more human then," you joked, "but you could use this a vice I suppose. I'm curious though, what's sparked these newfound biological tendencies?"

There was another knock on the door, "Am I interrupting something?" you hear Wanda's voice as she peers from the door. "Oh, not at all," you reply, concealing a smirk when you noticed the slight way Vision was averting his gaze; you definitely had a pretty good idea about what was going through the android's mind.  "I may need to borrow a dollar," he admits, to which you subtly sneak one from your pocket and hand over while Wanda allows herself into your room. "Vis, have you been here this whole time, you were suppose to help me finish putting the last batch of brownies in the oven, remember," she holds out a spoon covered in brownie batter. "Oh, right, sorry," Vision shyly responds. "Do you really need to bring that in here?" you point to the spoon, "You know I was placed on a Lent laced diet till Eater Sunday." "Oh right, sorry," Wanda remembers, "You could still lick the spoon, if it'll take the edge off." "I put that dollar in the box, Tony will never let me hear the end of it," you shake your head, "you go ahead."

Wanda nods and begins licking the spoon. You take notice of the way Vision was staring, "I need another dollar...or two....or-" "Here's five," you hand him a five- dollar bill. He accepts and heads back to the kitchen, with the excuse of checking up on the brownies.

------------The Next Day---------

"How many days left?" you ask Steve as the team finished dinner. "We just began yesterday, (y/n), you know we still have a long way to go," Steve chuckles. "You're telling me," you hear Pietro as he, in a none speeding manner, saunters to the sink to wash the dishes, grumbling about how much quicker it would be if he could use his speed.

"Dinner was a little less then sub par, don't you think, Bucky?" you nudge the super solider, hoping to get him to swear once or twice, "It was mediocre at best," was all Bucky says, "I've had better." "Mediocre? It was bloody awful," you slightly goad. "I suppose so," Bucky merely nods. You sigh a little, knowing it was pointless, "Buck sure is keeping a tight lid on the swear machine, eh?" you nudge Sam, "Any comments Sammy?" "Nope," was Sam answers, "If anything I think it'll do Barnes good in building character." "Awe, Sam, that's the nicest thing you've said to me all day," Bucky smirks. "Yeah, you're just lucky I'm short on cash right now," Sam mutters.

"Time for desert," Tony announces, carrying a tray of cakes "Chocolate lava cakes, anyone?"
Everyone, excluding you, happily grab one and devour. "None, for you, (y/n)?" Tony smirks. "Oh, none for me," you brush off, ignoring the sounds of contentment the team were making, "In fact, I'm...surprisingly satiated from the amazing dinner Vision was more than happy to char tonight."
"I'm glad, because I also have whipped cream and chocolate syrup to go with the lava cakes." "Oh please, let me have one," you plead, trying to reach for the tray, only to have Tony pull it away. "Now, now, (y/n), I thought the point of this whole Lent holiday was to practice self, restraint, and if I recall yesterday, you and America's golden boy mentioned was something I could work on. Were those just fancy words to you?"

You were fuming, but then took some deep breaths, "Fine if that's the way you wanna wage it, Stark, then prepare for Holy war."
with that you storm out of the kitchen.