Chapter 1: From Zero to Hero-Not

I dedicate this to rainbow, for the amazing cover she made me! Thanks so much!~

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter One

From Zero to Hero-Not

As the rain fell in the dry desert that I called home, I remembered the first kill I had ever made. In my mind, I replayed the scene that played out before me. I had stalked over to his house on a Monday afternoon right after school. He wore a blue sweatshirt that flowed to his mid thigh and black jeans that sagged slightly revealing his sunburnt butt. A simple outfit for such a big day, I remembered thinking that day. I had on gloves to prevent anyone from finding any prints on the soon to be crime scene. I tottered following him in a safe distance that I assumed to be. Nervousness had crept upon my hands as I fingered the bobby pin in my right pocket. I watched my prey casually open the front door to his two story house. After holding my breath for one whole minute I quickly walked over to the front door, looking extremely suspicious in my black overalls and the black cap that hid my café au lait pathetic excuse of a hair. The rims of my glasses were the brightest color of green because a clever salesman had convinced me to let out my inner butterfly. I carefully inserted the bobby pin inside the key hole as I squirmed it around trying to break in. I was unsuccessful with the bobby pin, and I remember thinking how stupid of me to not plan how to get in the house. Out of frustration I wriggled the door knob. Surprisingly, it came open and I returned to my sneaky, stealthy mode. I passed through a hallway of happy family pictures which I came to find extremely creepy. The house itself was queerer than the average house, though I can't really say much since I've never been in a house except my own. Rugs dominated over the wooden floor and I found myself lost in the house. Panic tapped away at my fingers as they constantly rubbed against each other, trying to busy themselves away. To say that I didn't know that what I was doing was wrong would be false, however I truly believed that I was doing the world a favor.

One less feeling-hurting bully.

That's what I called Mac.

I remembered that day when I had finally made it towards the kitchen, I felt the sharp, steel knife daringly. I tried to fight the squeals that would escape my mouth from time to time. How I wasn't caught that time I would never know, but as I had passed my thumb over the knife that was twice as long as my hand, I didn't care.

My ears throbbed from the obnoxious noise that I was making. Every little thing sounded so loud. Every step I made was deafening. I slowly tip toed up the creaking stairway and found a hallway that had five ivory doors. One would be my golden door of opportunity. I tried the one nearest to me first. It was a bedroom. A single bed. Nothing else. Must be the guest room.

"Mac!"

I heard a maternal voice coming from downstairs and my eyes widened as I didn't think it quite through that the feeling-hurting bully however much of a douche bag he was still had a family.

It took me only a few seconds, but it felt like hours back then to decide not to leave. I decided to stay and finish what I had came to do. Soon the female voice became clutters and clanging in the kitchen and so I moved then. To another door. The knife that I held in my right hand was starting to get slippery. I looked to find my hands to see them sweating like crazy. Just like me. Crazy.

The cold silver knob that I found next turned easily. I walked into the quite large room only to find it empty. As I was about to leave I heard a faint singing so I explored the room, trying to locate where the singing came from. I was sure that it would be from Mac. I entered the bathroom and hoping to find Mac instead I found another male who looked to be slightly older than me. His half naked body was drenched in water droplets and he was applying some cream on his face.

"Who's there?" he asked.

Being the unexperienced retard that I was, I answered "Just me!" enthusiastically. Although, the man's face contorted a suspicious face, he didn't ask any more questions so rather than further observing his rather good looks, I made a dash for the door. Although being the lifeless nerd that I am, it doesn't mean that my heart doesn't beat like crazy when I see such an obvious, slap-in-the-face good looking guy. It's too bad I'd be killing one of his family members any moment now. I stalked to another room, this time praying it would be Mac's and hallelujah! What do you know, there is a big guy up there! His room had two large windows the size of a door! I bet he uses that to sneak out at night all the time. Well no more indecent acts for you!

But before I could get any further towards Mac, I stepped onto a stuff toy and it squealed like a pig being butchered. I sucked in a deep breath and prepared for confrontation. Mac turned around with his usual casual face. Although he was shocked to see me in his house, his face was indescribable when his eyes found the knife I was holding. He stood up abruptly and backed away slowly.

"Maaadisooon..." he drew out my name. I only adjusted the rims of my god awful glasses in response. He chuckled nervously as he continued to back up. He tried to whisper cooing words to me but it was no use, I was dead set on my mission. With a new found determination, I walked slowly, advancing surely towards my prey. But before I could get to him, he was able to open his windows and climb out the room.

However deathly afraid I was of heights, I did not feel it then. I only felt the need to complete what I had set out to do. I set down the knife I was holding and then I climbed out his window and walked to my right as I saw him run in this direction. I heard some groaning and moaning and then silence. I looked below and sure enough there was my prey. Hanging on for his not so dear life.

I crouched down on my knees and ran my fingers through his, which was grasping on the roof so tightly.

I took his pinky and started from there.

"This little piggy picked on little kids in kindergarten, this little piggy forced other kids to do his homework, this little piggy took advantage of other girls, this little piggy beat up other kids, and this little piggy-" I tapped his last finger.

"Picked on the wrong girl." And just like that, Mac's world started to fade as he fell. Gradually, as he fell, I felt like I was only moments away from happiness.

It's been a year since Mac's death or rather how the police explained it, 'suicide.' Nothing's really changed since then. I work part-time at a bakery and still fighting out high school. The bakery is a really nice little shop owned by a very old kind man. He gives me free treats for staying overtime to help him close up. My co-workers say that his son is really good looking and that makes me a bit flustered but I try not to think about it too much since I know it wouldn't do me any good.

I mean, who could love a nerd slash, now murderer anyways?