It's about time

Tayla's P.O.V

I'm hurting baby,
I'm broken down,
I need your loving,
loving I need it now.

When I'm without you,
I'm something weak-

Who, in their sane mind, is calling me at this time!? I groaned and stirred up, my hand rummaging under my pillow as I lazily pick the phone up. Whoever this person calling me, must be punished.

"Hallelujah! Tayla you better get your sleepy ars up and pick me at the airport" I-what? I squinted my eyes as I checked the time and the caller's name. It was then only I realised who the bossy girl was.

My eyes went from blurry to wide open by recognising her voice. Okay, I was just kidding about the punish thing. Kinda.

"Ugh, Lexie???? Are you playing with me? Cause yeah, I'm up! I'm up!" I jolted up from the bed, covers excessively thrown over and crumpled in all ways. With the phone still pressed against my ears, I walk-run through my closet not even bothered by the fact that my parents were still in trance of slumber sleep. I suddenly heard a faint chuckle from the phone, abruptly stopping me from my tracks.

"You better huurry, I miss you!" she said hanging up before I could even make a reply. Her habits, really. I wobbly got myself up, headed straight to my washroom and got ready as quickly as possible. To finish up, I brushed my teeth, and applied some face powder and sprayed me some perfume. I didn't have much time to fix my hair anymore so I decided to leaven it down after drying it off. I had a grey crop top, pairing it with my white shorts and got myself a pair of Birkenstock sandal shoes since summer had already started. I unlocked the phone and saw few notifications with a new message from Lexie and four missed calls.

-Hey babe! Call me when you get here. Let's meet at the Converse shop. Thank you, sleepy head! xoxo
See you in a biiit!! love ya!

A smile crept out from me and I was sure as hell I looked like an idiot while I reread the message couple of times. I stopped to compose a reply. I can't seem to stop myself from smiling and I feel pretty stupid for that.

- Yeah okay! got it boss. See ya! and love you too <3

I went downstairs and wrote my parents a note where I explained the details and was going to be with Lexie when I get back. I sticked it on our refrigerator and let out a satisfied nod. Hmm, I know I can just leave a message but they're a bit too old fashioned and I already know they won't be able to see it so it's surely better this way. I then placed the sticky notes and the pen neatly on the counter before leaving the house.

Airport

After I parked my car at the nearest part of the elevator, I pulled my phone out and rang her as she told me to. It just kept ringing though, I tried doing it several times. A few more tries later, she finally picked up just as I was about to end the call.

"Tayla! Where are you?" she shrieks, her voice beaming against my poor ears.

"I'm about near the coffee shop now. Are you still at the shop?"

"Yes-yes I'm here. Right, I'll see you then. Bye!" She said then hangs up again. I shake my head in disbelief and mumbled to myself. That was unusual. What's wrong with that girl? I was walking towards the destined meet up place, but on my way there, I noticed a jewelry shop. I thought for awhile, and fair enough, Lex and I haven't seen each other for so many years now. Sadly.